OT, with some Woodwork

We've had 2 frosts this year, no freezes. This warmth allows insects to fl ourish. The clover likes cooler weather to grow hearty and the bugs are o ut eating the clover. This presents a problem with collecting decent look ing 4 leaf clovers, which are generous on my lawn. Found only a few that w eren't bug damaged. For those of you who celebrate St. Paddy's Day, here y ou are:

/

I've mailed out several 4 leafers to the young kids in the family, as well.

My sister's chair is close to being finished. It was suppose to be finishe d for last 4th of July, but Lorraine's scheduled changed, so that July 4th deadline was canceled. The seat and backrest slats are cut and edges bevel ed, ready to install. Each group of slats are cut from the same board, all owing better matching of the slats along the layout of their installation.

/

The wood is pecan, except for the top (backrest) rail.... which is hickory. I didn't have a decent live edge pecan board, so I used hickory. The hi ckory is a little different "color", than the pecan, so I'll tint the hicko ry to match, hence the taped off areas on the backrest. I hope to finish t he chair this week.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Nice work on what was obviously a big project!

Bill

Reply to
Bill