OT: Shops Not On Websites

But as the httrack.com "Simply open a page of the "mirrored" website in your browser, and you can browse the site from link to link, as if you were viewing it online"

But there isn't a link to the unique directory name.

Seriously, the source code is available at:

's written in C under the GPL. You will find that it doesn't employ backdoors or a randmon folder cracker. It simply gets the first page you tell it to get, reads the links, gets each page in the links and repeats. If there is NO link it will NOT be found...

As I said in another, post feel free to try it against my site and post the password.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Jeffries

Meant to write "it's written in C and licensed under the GPL". I'm not just quoting random buzzwords, I'm a Linux programmer

and have released C code under the GPL...

I'm also Technical Director for an Internet Development Consultancy...

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
Andy Jeffries

Could you just rename the extention to .12x or something along those lines? If someone did run across the file, they wouldn't know what it was. When you need to access them, save them and rename the extention back to .jpg or whatever.

Reply to
WebsterSteve

Under Linux (which more and more people are using now), there is a utility/command called "file" which examines a file's contents and tells you what it is. For example, doing this on a renamed JPG file on my machine tells me:

andy $file test.12x test.12x: JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.01, resolution (DPI), 72 x 72

It isn't perfect (there are some files it just says "Binary data" for), but it would also detect if you renamed a zip file:

andy $ file ziptest.abc ziptest.abc: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract

Just thought I'd pose an argument as to why it wouldn't work... You could of course put them in a password-protected Zip file...

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
Andy Jeffries