OT shameless promotion

I have a young artist that I am trying to help be seen, she does really nice work.

Callies pages are part of my site, I have zero financial interest in her artwork, designing her site or hosting her pages.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I never progressed much beyond stick figures, no artistic talent whatsoever.

A lot of my motivation is anyone with this kind of talent should be showing it off and making use of it and I like making web pages, although I won't claim any great talent for that either.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Very nice. And she is home schooled too. Which goes to show that many talents are in the genes. She was born an artist. I could never do that if I took lessons for 50 years.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Nice hand.

It seems she could build a business doing portraits. Not sure there is much market for nice pictures of dogs but portraits for the owners could be huge. I lived in an area with just a very small downtown olde style shopping district. There were three different stores dedicated to dogs. Two general dogs stuff stores and one bakery! Thers is a huge market there.

Maybe she could work with some of the local dog sh> I have a young artist that I am trying to help be seen, she does really n= ice > work. >

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Reply to
Doug Miller

When these dog shows are televised, she should draw the various dogs, then "anonomously" send the owners a print.

She may want to attend some local, well advertised, dog & horse shows.

I agree, she should paint/draw people's portraits, as well, but I surmise her heart is with the animals.

"Blue Dog", by George Rodrigue, was a catalyst for his work and national reputation. Advise her to read/research why "Blue Dog" became, and is still, popular. Her "Tri Color Pembroke Corgi, done in acrylic" matches Rodriguez's original "Blue Dog", in my opinion. That was my first thought when I saw that portrait.

There is a old American Indian legend about a blue wolf. Very popular, as I understand. I have never seen an artist's rendition of this legended wolf. Maybe she should investigate this. Western (American) art is very popular.

I like her work. A+

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

That young lady certainly has talent.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

And since many portrait artists work from photgratphs, she should do just fine. As most dog owner who love their dogs have lots of photos available. Having some kind of public booth showing her actually drawing/painting would be a potent marketing tool. People could see her works and her working as well.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I have a friend who does beautiful drawings of "pets" (from photos and a brief conversation about the pet) which she charges $50-$100 for. It's takes her 20-30 hours, or more, to do one though. She says she wouldn't be doing anything else with the time anyway...I say sheeesh (she shouldn't be afraid to charge more)! She doesn't have any unsatisfied customers. If anyone is interested I'll look up her website (which I don't recall off hand). I think she has the same sort of talent as this young lady, but she is in her 50s (acts 15 :) it takes a few months,usually I think, for delivery. I have no financial interest, just a friend.

The young lady who is selling her drawings might consider this approach of sketching "pets"--rather than just animals.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Agreed, I think this is an excellent idea.

I think a horse is one of the hardest animals to paint/draw and do so convincingly, many famous artist have done horses that were just a tad off, but Callie does this well.

yep, as far as I know she only does animals, but animals in context with people, houses, farm settings, adds another layer of appeal

I'll call her attention to this. I'm going to call her attention to the whole thread here, I think she would be pleased with the comments.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk