OT- Rabbits

Have any of you W/W found a sure method of keeping rabbits out of your yard? I would like to trap or kill them but ,my neighbors would be up in arms.

Sal

Reply to
sal

A good pellet gun works for me. Do you really care what your neighbors think?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

A rabbit trap is easy to build. I use mine for squirrels and have trapped and removed around 30. We used to have rabbits around, but the neighbor's cats took care of those.

Reply to
G.W. Ross

Don't be too sure. We live in a seniors mobile home park and a few years back were so infested with rabbits I bought a BB gun and had at it. Just stinging them a few times seems to work, but I did kill a few more by accident than intentionally.

I stopped worrying about the neighbor's reaction when a couple of the old ladies in the park asked me if I could come over and shoot their rabbits :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

well screw the neighbors! get a 12ga and blast away.

Reply to
Steve Barker

On Sun, 6 May 2012 13:27:15 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Got your head in the gutter eh? Guess it had to happen. Old age gets all of us. The gutter is the only refuge left.

Reply to
Dave

But how do you find it? I bet if we come up with a "search motor" where you just type in what you want and this thing finds the information, we can make hundreds of dollars, maybe thousands, even. We can call it something catchy like GoogaBing.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Get a beagle.

Reply to
Roy

Well the consensus is ,shoot the dam things and screw the neighbors one is a priest and the other 70 yr. widow I think I'll pass on that scenario but I have a Beeman 22 air rifle so maybe we will go out at dusk.

Reply to
sal

Hell......everything is up from there

Reply to
ChairMan

We are having some Armadillo problems and they are tilling up our lawn as well as the neighbor's I caught one in the yard a few weeks ago, late at night, and didn't follow instinct and get the shotgun.

I asked the neighbor if they minded if I shot one with a shotgun or pistol. She said you'll be in a lot more trouble with us if you don't shoot the little S.O.B.'s

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Well the consensus is ,shoot the dam things and screw the neighbors one is a priest and the other 70 yr. widow I think I'll pass on that scenario but I have a Beeman 22 air rifle so maybe we will go out at dusk.

The air rifle should work. I once dispatched a skunk [that twice sprayed the dog] outside my master bath window with a .22 CB Cap. A 29 gr. bullet that I once chronographed ~600 fps. Every bit as quiet as an air rifle. I've been keeping the squirrel population in check in my own backyard with a .177 Gamo Quiet Cat [or some such title].

Dave in Texas

Reply to
Dave in Texas

I'll send you about a dozen and you can test them out :o)

Reply to
RonB

Pet cougars are much more fun. They take out the stray dogs, too. I love kitty cats!

-- With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice. -- Oprah Winfrey

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Poor Dave must have _left_ the gutter at some point. One wonders why.

-- With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice. -- Oprah Winfrey

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 06 May 2012 21:16:49 -0700, Larry Jaques

Maybe Dave found something better than the gutter ~ as unbelievable as that may sound. :)

Reply to
Dave

The American way : if it moves shoot it. Can't you Yanks learn to live with wildlife?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Dave wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I've got a nice upscale rut here for sale. It's not as deep as a gutter, but it's every bit as cozy. *g*

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Careful...

I used to trap and reloacte the groundhogs pestering SWMBO's garden. Stopped doing that after one morning there was a skunk in the cage...

----------------------------------------------------------- Get free backup service using Drop Box Access your files from your smartphone or tablet Bonus space provided using this link:

Limp Arbor

I learned early not to leave the trap set overnight. I catch a 'possum every time. Last time it was one about 2/3 grown. When I turned him out he went through the chain-link fence like it wasn't even there. I knew rabbits can do that but never thought a big-ol 'possum could do it.

Reply to
G.W. Ross