OT Olympus OM-2 camera

Does anyone here use an OM-2? If you do, I have something you may be interested in. email works

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I am. Email me at snipped-for-privacy@outlook.com

Reply to
joyted43

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

It's no consolation but I used to have 2 of them until digital made them obsolete and worthless. Don't even remember what happened to them now...

Reply to
Larry

I was hoping to find someone but you are right, digital is the way to go for most of us now. I hate the thought of putting such a nice piece of equipment into the trash. I'll probably list them on Freecycle or similar.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Craigslist or Ebay. You may be surprised to find just how many collectors of old photography equipment there are out there. You likely will not see much $$ in a sale but. . .

Also, you could try selling it (and seeing current used prices at retail) at

Currently, OM1's are selling

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Should have mentioned that the market for used Olympus lenses is probably stronger than for the body alone.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

There are still people who collect film cameras.

I am going to be unloading my Hasselblad and Cambo view camera shortly. I haven't used either in about 25 years.

Reply to
woodchucker

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you have a large flea market you may tried to find someone there to "buy" the camera from you.

While I did not try to get rid of an old camera. I had an old Olympus camera that needed a little work. While the digital had replaced it in most of my work, I needed the old camera for slides. An old guy at the flea market with hundreds of old cameras fixed it like new.

Now I don't even have a need for slides.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Some are even returning to film. I've a geezer friend who is a graphic artist (among other things). He has recently returned to film with his Canon F(?) and 4x5 view cameras.

I shoulda bought a 'Blad jes about that many yrs ago. I screwed up and went digital. :(

nb

Reply to
notbob