OT, my kind of humour.

Sun, Feb 13, 2005, 9:11pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (Badger) says: Hummm:: Ballards Cunning Stunts Strong Ale Martsons Old Empire Old Luxters Jubilee Ale George Gales HSB (Horndean Special Bitter)

and search for fagan under reviewer.

OK, my all time favorite.

Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

I agree- Heineken is some skunky stuff. Personally, I like Bass Ale when I do drink (not so often these days)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

You would dare such sacrilege about "The Little Greenie"

I practice rather a strict ritual regarding liquids entering my body that I describe as "THE TEMPLE".

From the time I get up in the morning until noon, it is black coffee.

From noon until 5:00 PM, it is skim milk. (Butter fat I don't need)

After 5:00 PM, it is either beer or single malt scotch with or without Drambuie. (I love "Rusty Nails", "Bloomer Dropers" or "Knuckle Heads" which are all names for the same thing)

You will see that nowhere will you find what I call "Whale Juice", AKA: Sugar water with carbonation.

If it works for you, you are welcome to use it.

If it doesn't.....

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Ayup. Friend of mine from church is a pathologist. He says they never, *ever* see coronary artery disease in alcoholics -- do a post on a 70-year-old alcoholic, and his heart looks like a teenager's. However, the liver, spleen, kidneys, and brain are a different story.

Doug Miller

I've actually increased my drinking lately - from one drink a day (wine with a meal) to two (a shot of Scotch in my tea). When warm weather gets here I'll replace the Scotch with stout :-).

Lots less than I drank in my younger days, but now they say a little alcohol is good for you (2 a day for men, 1 for women).

It's not often something pleasant to drink is declared good for you. I really hate 1% and skim milk :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

LOL...noo...it is Victoria Bitter

Vegemite Beer....wait till I forward this one...

Reply to
Robatoy
[snipperectomy]

We call those Kilt Lifters around here...great at breakfast.

Reply to
Robatoy

To be perfectly accurate, you could buy that horse piss in most of the Western states. We could get it here in Arizona, for example.

The favorite swill of the young and the clueless when I was growing up.

--RC (who acquired a taste for Guiness at a very early age.)

Reply to
Rick Cook

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

Having traveled to the beautiful city of Dublin at an earlier age doing research for the (no shit!) "Ethnography of the Irish Pub", a guided independent study I undertook in college, I have observed the River Liffe which flows through that city. Reminding me muchly of the pristine waters of Boston harbor before the cleanup, you couldn't pay me to drink that stuff. I've been to the Guiness brewery in Dublin and despite all denials, swear they draw their water from the Liffe. Look at their stout; you can practically see the chunks floating in it!

Try Harp Lager instead. It tastes great, enlarges ones testicles, and won't gag a maggot. Trust me.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

You forgot the seagulls, which shit in the river. Since they drive away pigeons, the statutes in downtown Dublin are remarkably clean.

Harp ain't bad, but I'll take a good, strong stout or porter any day.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:54:20 -0500, the inscrutable Robatoy spake:

Both sound disgusting. Since I quit drinking, I often smell beer on someone's breath and wonder "How did I -ever- palate that stuff? ICK!"

---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment

Website Applications ==================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I used to like Heineken.

Then I took a business trip to Amsterdam. On my spare weekend I took a canal tour of the city. Saw the Anne Frank house and lots of other historic places. The thing that shocked me was how polluted the canals were. I was mentioning this to a friend while we were riding along when we turned the corner of a canal and saw the Heineken brewery (one of them? I have no idea if they have more than one).

I really doubt the Heineken brewery uses water from the canal. But since then whenever I see their green bottles in the store, I think of the canals and reach for something else.

Lately, I've been pretty fond of the Missoula Brewing Companies "Moose Drool". Wouldn't have tried it, but my six-yearold liked the label and insisted we buy it. Dang that kid has good tastes in beer ;-)

Reply to
Frank Stutzman

I'd never order that in public. Every time I try to say it, it comes out wrong.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Especially after the first one?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That IS really good stuff. It's even available at a fair number of places here in Spokane, since Missoula isn't that far away.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Rick Cook wrote in news:8n0Qd.60$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

If you like stouts and porters, try the microbrews from Bridgeport ... they have a good Porter and a fair stout (marketed as "Black Strap Stout").

If you have a few extra bucks, Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter (from England) is a great brew.

Reply to
Nate Perkins

Ah yes. The difference between a tribe of pygmies and a women's track team....

Reply to
George

Twas a limited edition English civil war regt. beer, I have one still waiting for me, along with a Bass yeast beasts brew, for the restart of my homebrewery....I need that good yeast!

Reply to
njf>badge

Prolly Molson Canadian. It would have been Molson Export in Quebec. First time I saw Molson Golden was in Vermont or upstate NY.

BTW Moosehead is brewed in Saint John, New Brunswick, just downstream of the Irving paper mill. Pretty vile stuff, IMNSHO.

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi