OT: My brother-in-law

My sister has been happily married for 25 years to a guy with one of the quickest wits I have ever met. Here is just a sample:

He, a buddy of his and my sister are walking down the street one day when they spot a dog lying in the sun licking himself in the usual places. The buddy spots the dog and for no apparent reason blurts out "man, I wish I could do that!" My BIL rejoions equally quickly "go ahead, he won't mind."

Ever had a flash of inspiration afterwards where you wished you had said it back then? One from my long gone Mother -

"Turn back, turn back, time in thy flight! I thought of the line I needed last night ..."

- Apologies to Mr. Shakespeare

Reply to
diyguy

You guys need to find your buddy a girlfriend. Or a dog.

Reply to
mp

Hm, I always heard it as "well, I think you'd better pet him first..."

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dave Hinz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

and I always heard it as "That dog will BITE you..."

Reply to
Cothian

or "Give him a biscuit and he'll let you"

Reply to
Periproct

I don't think it's necessarily quick witted as it is able to remember lines from others' experiences. I have a friend I who, 35 years ago, had a St. Bernard that was doing that while a buddy was visiting. My friend did the "I wish I could do that" thing, and his friend said, "go ahead, it's your dog."

There are no new jokes.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Why does a dog lick himself?

2 answers: 1. Because he can. 2. Because he can't make a fist.
Reply to
NorthIdahoWWer

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:07:12 -0700, diyguy wrote (in article ):

I was reading some lines from the old game show "Hollywood Squares". Some of you might remember Paul Lynde (if I even spelled it right?)

Anyhoo, the question was:

"If you pat a dog on the head he wags, what would a goose do?"

Lyndes answer:

"make him bark?"

Think about it 8^)

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

Is that the first time you have heard that line???

Reply to
Leon

Oh, that's not true.

A gay Catholic priest, a chunk of pig iron and a daisy with only three petals walked into a bar...

Violets are blue.

The end.

Reply to
Silvan