Dick Proenneke

was showing Alone in the Wilderness where Dick Proenneke was constructing a log cabin from the ground up. He slice logs into planks with a hand saw (free hand) that looked like it came out of a planer. I wonder how many manhours of practice for someone to achieve that level of skill?

Reply to
Kim

I have seen the PBS show several times. Proenneke is truly a wonderful craftsman and seems to have had the physical energy of many men. While I don't covet the life that he led, I am envious of his skills and strength.

Rick

Kim wrote:

Reply to
Rick Stein

The wife and I watched that show last night. When he cut the scarf joints I told her she should have married him. When he cut the wooden hinges for his doors I said I should have married him!:) Wow what a craftsman.

DGA

Reply to
dgadams

cabin from the ground up. He slice logs into

wonder how many manhours of practice for someone to

KCET is what I can get of PBS/WGBH, so worthless. They don't have it listed anywhere. BTW the link you gave is for the book, this is the best link to buy the video:

too expensive. This guy Bob Swerer could put this video and the 20 years later visit follow-up video on one dvd, and sell it for the same price and gain more customers like "me"... who isn't able to see it.

Reply to
AAvK

I've read the link and set the TiVo! Thanks!

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig