OT unclaimed property

Worth checking. They are supposed to keep this stuff forever, until claimed.

A while back I checked in maryland and found 3 items, 2 for me and one for my brother and me. Maybe that's my fault, that when my mother died, I didn't find them. I applied for them a few months ago.

But tonight I looked myself up in Pennsysylvania, and I found two items One under $100 and one over, but it doesn't say how much.

Both come from a life insurance company, which means my father left it, and he died in 1955. My mother had a lot to do and I think she had a lawyer, and I know she had a local financial advisor of some sort, but somehow these got missed, or didn't exist until after we moved 2 years later.

It doesn't give my street address, it says RR 1, as if we lived in the country, but I know I'm the only one with that name who has ever lived in that town. There are only about 20 people with my first and last name in the whole country. 411.com says 11 and only shows 5, none in Pennsylvania. It also says the last transaction date for the small claim is April 5, 2000. Huh? Maybe that's when it earned 10 cents interest? It's called Demutualization cash.

The last date for the other is 2005????

My father had an insurance policy for the sake of his mother, sister, and little nephew that he lived with and largely supported before he got married. Then he bought a second when he got married at age 53, and a third when I was born. He wasn't sure what year he was born, and on one he said he was a year older than on the other two. And that was the company that complained, even though they got to charge a higher premium all that time. At least one company was Metropolitan Life, the ones listed here.

They prefer to have a zip code. Keep track of all your old zip codes, and your parents' and siblings'. Well, found 79 unclaimed properties in Pa. alone, with my brother's name, but none of them are his! Why doesn't Penn. ask for a middle initial? (There's an advantage to having an unusual name like I do.)

Reply to
micky