OT. Orion Splashdown

How things have changed since the moon missions President Kennedy authorized.

He said back in 1961 " "I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the earth. No single space project in this period will be more impressive to mankind, or more important for the long-range exploration of space; and none will be so difficult or expensive to accomplish."

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I did hear the splashdown live on my radio version of TV.

I'd like to be all excited, but I remember 1969 and we've already done t his.

It's still noteworthy that they don't have a dozen mercury, gemini, and several apollo shots building up to the planned landing.

Reply to
micky