OT: Moyers on Gaza (Video Link)

point. It is not that I disagree with what they are striving for, its just that they totally fail to understand the situation. Part of their failure is a fundamental lack of understanding of Isalm. In Islam, it is perfectly acceptable to lie to gain an advantage over your enemy. Essentially, promise him anything, and seem to go along with it if necessary, but all the time plan to attack him, once he is lulled into a false sense of security. The Oslo Accord is a perfect example.

What is being asked is for Israel to sit back and accept continued rocketing and shelling and do nothing about it. No country can systematically have its sovereignty violated and remain a viable country.

Good intentions but that does not make the proposal any more workable.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

What we have in the area is two groups each claiming that their God gave them the land. IMO, the proper response from the rest of the world should be "a pox on both your houses."

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Well, now, the difference is that one is claiming that God gave it to them and the other is claiming that the UN gave it to them. And the ones that are claiming the UN gave it to them have the paperwork to prove it.

The pox belongs on the house of the folks who refuse to accept that UN decree.

Reply to
J. Clarke

What do you do when two children fight over the same toy?

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Where I come from taking it away so neither of them could have it always seems to do the trick.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Reply to
Robatoy

parking lot?

Reply to
Max

Trouble with that is, pave Israel they're likely to pave back.

Reply to
J. Clarke

They don't have nuclear weapons. Just ask them. And they don't lie.

Reply to
Robatoy