OT Mariano Rivera - lumberjack

"Chuck Schupp of Louisville Slugger estimated Rivera averaged at least one broken bat for every two of his 1,038 regular-season games and 94 postseason appearances. At the rate required for manufacturing, he thinks Rivera alone has accounted for five to six trees of busted wood."

Reply to
RicodJour

What? He's never heard of a little glue and a coupla brads? Where's his greenness?

-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke

Reply to
Larry Jaques

So what's your question? I appreciate your using "OT" but ... it's badly over-used here, especially since there is nothing, nada, resembling a question about ANYthing of any kind; only useless verbosty! Try a group that has something to do with baseball bats where you (gasp!) will be ON topic! And note that this group's name is NOT "ot"!

Note that I have no vendetta or anything similar toward you; but this group doesn't need all the "ot" egoes running around it, although you did make a weak attempt at putting it on topic.

HTH,

Twayne`

Reply to
Twayne

In future it would be most helpful if you provided a list of the OT post topics that you consider sufficiently on topic so I could ignore it. Thanks. ;)

RicodJour

You must be a hell of a lot of fun to hang out with. Do you go to an event with friends and allow no one to talk about anything other than the event?

Reply to
willshak

List of acceptable OTs:

  1. Gas prices
  2. Home/Shop renovations and maintenance, especially anything electrical
  3. Injuries
  4. Global warming/cooling (NOT!) -- LOL!
  5. Impedance and related words (see #2)
  6. Baseball bat statistics (NOT!) -- LOL!
  7. Anything shop related, metal working for instance.
  8. Tool making
  9. Lists of OT dos and dont's
  10. Multimedia/youtube links that don't suck!

This is just a start. And please don't take it too seriously, unless you're posting off-topic. ;)

Reply to
Bill

Oops, #5 was supposed to be a NOT!

Reply to
Bill

Just Wondering

Of the 28 posts that Twayne responded to in the last 60 days (He did not initiate any posts in those 60 days and I delete posts more than 60 days old, so I can't check further), 90% of them were admonishing people for posting OT messages. A couple of OT posters were not admonished because he had an interest in the message and responded to them. The most egregious OT response to a long time and prolific member was the following exchange.

Robotoy sends

------------------------------ Twayne responds. Then take some of that "strength" and apply it to relevant groups. Perhaps run your lazy ego thru a table saw while you're at it.

------------------------------

I have never, in all my years of usenet, ever used personal attacks or name calling on a poster, but I am going to use one now. Hold on a second...

......, ... ............. ... .... ..... .. .... . .... ... ....... ..., .........

OK, done. Sorry for the bad language.

Reply to
willshak

Why are you talking to this twit as if what he says makes any sense? Honestly, I've never seen such an idiot as Twayne so full of himself, yet having so little to contribute.

He's too dull to realize that "OT" in the headers can be used to filter out all messages not on topic. Hell, even a pet cockroach is smarter than that.

Reply to
Dave

Dave wrote the following:

He wants to see and read OT messages so that he can perform his netcop duties. Otherwise, he has no raison d'etre.

Reply to
willshak

You're right. It's pretty sad though. I guess everybody needs to put a purpose to their existence.

Reply to
Dave

The subject it's self is O/T.

Next.