Lawn

No pictures available.

Have some kind of foliage that is very similar to St. Augustine. However, it grows much taller/quicker. Its seems to be a grass type. Blades of it are sectionalized into 3 sections, vice 2 for St. Augustine. Grows about twice the rate for the blades/leaves, but, does not seem to spread the same way. Is localized, not prolific. Color is virtually idential to St. Augustine.

What is it? How do I get rid of it? Dave

Reply to
Dave

Johnson Grass?

Reply to
Omelet

Blades in triplets makes it sound like some sort of sedge grass. If it were in my lawn (in Michigan) I'd be thinking nut sedge.

Googling nutsedge, St. Augustine, and lawn popped up this answer early in the results:

Use imazaquin (Image).

Cannot vouch for it personally, though. I had a section of the lawn torn up and reseeded when we has street improvements put in, and I eliminated the nutsedge in that section by hand pulling.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Dallisgrass? If it is, you pull it up by hand.

cat daddy

hand.http://ipm.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/pasdi.htmHow anyone can expect anyone to identify a grass/weed without even a picture is beyond me. Many times, even with a picture it's impossible to tell for sure.

Reply to
trader4

Sorry for the OT post, but I've been lurkin' around here for a while and the suspense is killin' me. Just exactly what did you trader4? :-)

Reply to
xPosTech

Not it, but found this interesting if you have cattle.

foliage in question is almost identical to St. Augustine blade-wise. Before I cut one area around a water faucet, was over a foot long. Extremely little drooping, no wavy feature as I saw in many pictures of dallisgrass. No seeding features, just blades. Doesn't appear in clumps like pictured in Dallisgrass. I do have some Dallisgrass around here, along with buffalo grass. Both are clumpers. This breed doesn't appear to be so.

Cue me in how to upload pictures, and what websites support that? Would like to provide weblink to pictures for your gander. Dave

Reply to
Dave

I'll just cut and paste Omelet's excellent advice: [clicking the news: link should open up the group in OE]

If you want to post them here, post them at

the URL's and post those links here.

Reply to
cat daddy

Thanks.

I generally stay away from binaries for 2 reasons. Potential infection problem, and I only have dial-up.

Thanks for the weblink. I'll go out and take some pics for more descriptive info. Will repost, as I cut the front lawn very recently. Will let the stuff grow back so its easily visible. Dave

Reply to
Dave

Understood.

Tinypic has been a godsend. And it makes it so I don't have to burn the limited space on my personal webspace.

Plus it's anonymous. ;-)

Reply to
Omelet