OT:Letter to Southern Califonia newspaper that was not printed

Please tell you wife Rosemary that posting chain letters like this is contrary to your ISP's AUP.

Reply to
fredfighter

Well if it against the AUP that's all good however something like this is more acceptable to me then the posting of copywriten and or pirated software that is seen so much on these things. Don't you agree?

Al

Reply to
Al

Chlamydia is better than gonorrhea, don't you agree?

Reply to
fredfighter

You are an idiot. If there was any hope of helping you'd see the light, I'd make a longer post, but I think its hopeless.

Reply to
bf

There's nothing quite so amusing as a zealot who can't bring themselves to even consider that there might be another way of seeing the world other than thru their own, myopic lenses.

I see "the light" quite fine thanks, if only those of you who think you've got all the answers did as well. I fear instead that you've been blinded by it.

When the situation is hopeless, there's really nothing to worry about.

John E.

Reply to
John Emmons

Yep.

Get 'er dun, fella.

Reply to
Prometheus

No there is a comparison, Those are to illnesses that are terrible to deal with however if you play you might end up paying. So back in the world of News groups and internet where my comment was directed as to the subjects. Freedom of speech in this country is a right, steeling someone else's property is not acceptable in any country and in some cases the property owner will shoot the crook with my regards, I hate thief's. As someone that created a program to use at my last place of employment where as the owner tried to claim they owned my software solely created at my home on my time. This particular comment on my side hits very close to home, btw I have the only copies of my software goto love FDISK on a system with all your software on it! So free speech go for it, steeling forget it. It would make someone wonder where someone else's moral boundaries are. You can do what you want I know I have a clear conscious when it comes to this topic.

Al

Once again pinions are like A@#wholes everyone has one including me!

Al

John Hanson was the First President of the Continental Congress of the United States of America. George Washington was the First President of the Untied States of America.

The President of the Continental Congress had no executive authority outside of that body. They was not at all the same office, despite the similarity of title.

Reply to
fredfighter

Ok, you don't agree that chlamydia is better than gonorrhea, though I am not clear as to why not.

I am quite sure that you understood the analogy and my reason for presenting it so I will address your comments regarding theft.

USENET is not public. NNTP traffic is carried over both private and public servers, bu tmostly it is carried over private networks.

USENET is organized into newsgroups by topic. The purpose being that when people read USENET they can chose the topic they wish to read. People pay, directly or indirectly for USENET access and reading UENET takes their time. Posting off topic is Free Speech the same way that standing up in church to speak on a topic of your chosing, woudl be free speech. My town frequently hosts free public concerts in the town square. Once a local character, starting speaking out during the concert. The police arrived, and he quieted down. No arrest was made. But plainly, even though he was speaking in a public place, his right to free speech did not supercede the right of the rest of us to quietly enjoy the scheduled activities.

Your right to speak freely on the internet is, to an extent, superceded by my right to quietly enjoy the internet access for which I paid. If you want to post a political rant, fine, post it in a political rant newsgroup.

People who post off-topic, especially spammers like OP, who spam USENET with ficticious political claptrap are thieves. They steal the money and time of the USENET readership. They only steal a little from each, but theft it remains.

Reply to
fredfighter

He should also check the Brit record during the Boer war where Tommy machine gunned civilians, and penned survivors so closely without medical treatment or food or sanitation that thousands died. But, hey, what the hell, those damned Boers wanted to keep their own company instead of turning it over to businessmen for diamond mining and similar purposes.

Reply to
Charlie Self

He should also check the Brit record during the Boer war where Tommy machine gunned civilians, and penned survivors so closely without medical treatment or food or sanitation that thousands died. But, hey, what the hell, those damned Boers wanted to keep their own country instead of turning it over to businessmen for diamond mining and similar purposes.

Reply to
Charlie Self

He should also check the Brit record during the Boer war where Tommy machine gunned civilians, and penned survivors so closely without medical treatment or food or sanitation that thousands died. But, hey, what the hell, those damned Boers wanted to keep their own country instead of turning it over to businessmen for diamond mining and similar purposes.

Reply to
Charlie Self

So basically you stating that one must obey the AUP but its ok to steal!... Your awesome keep up the good work! As far as stealing your money or time that's BS and you know it. Do you have filters? Then filter anyone or thing you want. I do block people who post things that are copywritten or vulgar as I don't want my grand kids to see them. I see you are not against criminal acts just freedom of speech. What a guy! I am glad to have met someone of your caliber it has made such an impact on our lives. As far as posting in the proper ng hmmm rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair I just don't see anything about allowing electronic piracy here. As for stating the obvious you are definitely in one minds set and not willing to see that yet they both may be posted in the wrong group speech and electronic piracy are two different things. One is legal and a freedom we value the other is a criminal offence and is punishable in most countries, whether they enforce it to a great extent who knows. Obviously the right to steal is more important to some then the right to freedom of speech.

No need to respond I am done with this childish rant. I know where I stand being the more adult here I will stop because it's going no where. Some people are just meant to be criminals I guess. lol to quote a man of logic, "Live long and prosper".

adios amigo

Reply to
Al

No, nor did I say it was OK to lie about what I wrote.

Reply to
fredfighter

Yes. The Manhattan project only produced three bombs because production was halted in August 1945. Components for a fourth were in transit to the Pacific theater at the time, and production was being ramped up to prduce several per month by the end of 1945.

Reply to
fredfighter

Is there anyplace other than Rec.woodworking where you can find so many experts on atomic bombs?

Reply to
John

A: Why did you find it necessary to post this to rec.woodworking?

2: It's "copyrighted", not 'copywritten'. That's because it's "copyright", not "copywrite".
Reply to
LRod

A. Is this the good ole boy club? Because it is inline with the topic. I just changed the name. Like I said to him this one is done and I am through with this topic.

Thank you for the spell check that my software over looked but never the less you understood what I was saying. Not looking to lock horns over this with anyone as anyone else in here it was with this particular topic and I as well as you am aloud my opinion. So why are you singling me out? I am a honest man and stand by it I can't help it others are not.

So you have a nice day,

Al

Once again opinions are like A@#wholes everyone has one, including me!

Reply to
Al

No one lied.

Al

Reply to
Al

It appears that you lied when you wrote:

"So basically you stating that one must obey the AUP but its ok to steal!..."

But, since it also appears that English is not your first language perhaps you did not understand the article. I suggest you review it.

There are few things as offensive as lying about what someone has said. I hope you were merely mistaken.

Reply to
fredfighter