OT: Leno's in a pickle, say wot?

They have nothing to do with the format.

Interviews are cut off simply to meet a predetermined time allotment.

Most of the skits are just plain boring, especially the shtick with the camera.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On 1/13/2010 4:34 PM Lew Hodgett spake thus:

OK, so it ain't exactly the Algonquin Round Table. I still get a fair amount of amusement from him (Ferguson), albeit in small doses.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

----------------------------------- If they would just turn the guy loose, I think they might be amazed.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Caught Letterman as he roasted NBC execs last night.

Reminded me of a customer who once said, "That cat went up that hill and sooner or later he's going to come down that hill, and when he does, I'll be waiting."

It has taken 18 years, but last night Letterman "was waiting", and relishing every moment of it.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

letterman sucks as does Conan neither is funny. Jay is only mildly amusing. were is Carson when you need him

len

Reply to
Len

Zucker will screw Conan.. for at least the length of his non- competition agreement...and I'm pretty sure there is one of those.

Reply to
Robatoy

Zucker will screw Conan.. for at least the length of his non- competition agreement...and I'm pretty sure there is one of those.

----------------------------------------- Let's face it, it's all about the money and who has the best team of $600/hour guys.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Leno was ok on the tonite show and I watched because the alternative was Letterman. I don't watch Leno at 10.

Letterman was good when he had his show on NBC. When he went to CBS and NBC claimed rights to all his skits, gags, etc he seemed to lose his zest for the show and I found him to be just plain not funny anymore.

Craig Ferguson is the most likely to be non-PC and therefore have the best humor of the current late night bunch, but he also has a bunch of crap stuff that he does and he admits it openly.

I find Cona nO'Brain to be extremely irritating and think his behavior shows him to be very insecure. Whenever the spotlight leaves him for more than a minute he interjects his middle school class clown schtick and rarely lets his guests finish a statement. He has occasionaly risen above his usual sophomoric humor with a nice topical barb, but this is too rare an event to endure him otherwise. In any time slot.

I miss Carson, Parr, and Cavett. Art

Reply to
Artemus

AIUI, it's not so much as a no-compete clause as his contract expires in 3-1/2 years. However, they have to pay his contract.

Reply to
krw

If you are not an extremely astute, experienced critic, you missed a good chance to be one.

Ditto to all the above ... except I never really cared for Letterman, ever.

Reply to
Swingman

I watched a little of Leno, and he spent 10 minutes showing youtube videos.

OLD youtube videos.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol