OT: Latest News from J.D. Powers & Assoc.: Toyota trucks really SUCK!

_Especially_ that new "Tundra" with the BIG V-8!

Having been a car dealership mogul, tell us what you think, Leon?

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote in news:od- dnYzspvVRJwbbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Got a link for that?

Reply to
Jerry

Yep ... sure do.

Reply to
Swingman

Would you care to share it?

Reply to
zakal

Any specifics, Swing? I don't know about production models, but I drove a pre-production press intro model last September and it was impressive as hell--overpowered all to hell, too, for 99% of the people who will buy it. It also had a turning radius about the same as an aircraft carrier when you went off-road, though it handled well in the rough as long as the turns were long radius.

Reply to
Charlie Self

I don't know ... let's ask Leon what his take is. :)

Reply to
Swingman

That's some pretty good looking bait dangling out there. I can hardly stand not jumping on it.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

LOL ... that's fishing for you. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Frank Boettcher wrote: >

I've been circling it, as well.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Sometimes when you make a perfect cast, the bait hits the fish on the nose, they ignore it. Maybe an ISP is blocking headers?

Someone needs to ask Leon about his new Festool Domino carrier ...

Reply to
Swingman

I didn't find anything on the JD Power site. Maybe that's why we're so confused.

Nothing here, either:

Reply to
B A R R Y

Best damn truck out there.... makes me think Swing has his tongue firmly planted in his cheek.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hehe ... You lay the lure with a big splash, right smack on target, and the lunker ignores it! :)

We all know how important a tool the DOMINO is in a wooddorker's arsenal, deserving of the utmost respect, a place of honor in the shop,and proper care and handling, right?

Only the best will do for the DOMINO ... I mean, you can't carry one in just any damned old truck, right Leon?

Leon?

:)

Reply to
Swingman

Robatoy

So, somebody got a shiny new toy? :-) Nice casting, a little too nice from the sounds of it.

I know Festool is top-end, but that seems like an awful expensive investment to accompany it.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Not being in the market for a truck, I was watching this one out of general interest. And since Texas is the truck capital of the world (statistically) I didn't want to get into another one of those raging arguments of Ford v. everyone, Checy v. everyone, etc.

But I must say...

I heard the very distinct sound of "whizzzzzzzzzz" of the old Zebco unreeling. I heard the plop of the cork and weight...

nuthin'

I don't get it. There hasn't been a good pissing match here for a while. Seems like we were due for some name callin' and chest thumping.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41