OT: *I* think this is funny...

Me too. I haven't read Mad Magazine in decades, but I recognize Don Martin's work. He hasn't lost it.

B.

Buddy Matlosz

Actually, he lost it in 2000. Unfortunately.

Greg Neill

down on paper so that others can laugh at it.

Reply to
Robatoy

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 20:22:01 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

Dave Berry is another genius. That they border on slapstick is what keeps them from seeming even better in my mind. I prefer the drier Brit humor to slapstick and vaudeville. Forced humor like Jim Carrey and Ben Stiller is obnoxious to me, aka Dumb and Dumberer.

-- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Jan 31, 11:17=A0am, Larry Jaques wrote: it.

Berry can be a fun read. Carrey and Stiller are just plain stupid. So is Sandler. The last pratfall that cracked me up was in Wayne's World when that chick waved at Wayne and smashed into the side of that car (She, in real life, Danny Ackroyd's wife). And I'm with you on the dry Brit humour. (Chef has finally grown on me.)

Reply to
Robatoy

I'm not familiar with the Brit humorists mentioned, but The Two Ronnies and Mr. Bean are familiar to me.

I was a Mad fan, also. Maybe that's why we are all so smart, smart, smart.... recalling Mad's satire on hypnosis, re: "Using effective techniques like, you're getting sleepy, you're getting sleepy, you're getting sleepy. We tried it and it didn't work, didn't work, didn't work."

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

The Brits also have humour which leaves me cold. You seen one Benny Hill, you're seen them all. The two Ronnies cracked me up. Mr. Bean got tired after a while. Still funny though.

Reply to
Robatoy