I found this very funny

Well a short description would make me more likely to click. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You'll never know what you missed by your intransigence

Reply to
fred

Asking that folk follow Usenet conventions isn’t being “intransigent”.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

They mostly aren't worth clicking on anyway.

Reply to
Max Demian

Not clicking random links is just general good practice. Even in cases where one can see it is a link to a known site, there is still an argument against clicking. Especially as the youtube algorithm may now decided that you really want to see other videos about morris dancing (or whatever else you found funny)

Reply to
John Rumm

You call it intransigence; others may call it a sensible response to people who ignore accepted practice (people for whom there are of course /lots/ of appropriate words).

Reply to
Robin

Am I in the majority or minority in never opening links with this kind of description?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Rogers

Who knows? I certainly don’t.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Prolly not. I don't open such links unless at least a one liner description is provided.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Me neither.

Reply to