Why didn't I think of this?

That's scary. It doesn't look sturdy enough be be either accurate or safe.

Reply to
Just Wondering

You value your life?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Brings to mind the sport of power belt sander racing -- that thing looks like it's set to take off across the room.

Reply to
Lee K

reassuring if they had some sort of fence...

Is that a genuine Milwaukee on there or a "Chicago Electric" clone?

Reply to
LRod

RayV, wrote the following at or about 4/3/2007 2:33 PM:

Just hazarding (apt word to use, eh?) a guess here: "Because you're not suicidally insane?"

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Sounds like fun - just remove those end stops on the bars, get a long extension cord, and 3 2 1 go! It does look like it'd be a better circ saw launch pad than "radial arm saw". Why not just make a sled? I usually use a right angle cutoff guide, but I've been planning to make something like this:

Andy

It isn't much worse than the one Ryobi makes (made). It didn't give me good feelings either, but the aluminum siding guys liked them.

Reply to
Charley

Somehow I don't trust that clamp based on the cost of this jig.

Reply to
SWDeveloper

For the same reason we would not sell some clown a large lot of arms, tracks and rollerheads for "his special machine resale application" Lets see, who has the deep pockets in that product liability chain?.....

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Charley, wrote the following at or about 4/3/2007 3:24 PM:

Boy, o, boy, I just don't know. I'm not sure I'd trust it with a 3-bit molding head or a dado blade. That vertical support, even with the added support from the height adjustment, doesn't look all that solid

And, yeah, damned if that doesn't look like a genuine Milwaukee logo on that blade guard. That's another thing, if they take the blade guard and base off that saw it wouldn't be quite as heavy and maybe the vertical would be sufficient.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Hey! I've GOT one of those things! DOL's uncle bought it on a whim, never put it together and decided the space it occuppied in his garage

- still in its box - could be used for something else. Left it on the end of my workbench while I was out and about - with a note "Thought you might get some use out of this thin."

So now I'm trying to figure out a way to use it to hold a SMALL router on my JET mini-lathe for fluting and maybe spiral cutting.

Thanks for the reminder.

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

These things have been available in one form or another for 30 years that I know of, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't first invented shortly after the handheld circular saw.

Reply to
Larry W

at that price probably is.

Reply to
George Max

Just curious - who's a DOL? Andy

Reply to
Andy

Check the specs:

Saw capacity: 7-1/4'' and 7-1/2'' circular saws Table length: 24'' Love this one>>>>>Maximum cutting thickness: 12-3/4'' Maximum miter & bevel: 45=B0 Rip capacity: 15-3/4''>>>> that's a lot of meat. Height: 22'' Weight: 23 lbs.>>>> That'll hurt when it hits you...

There ought to be a law.

Reply to
Robatoy

Typo - DIL - daughter in law

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

and there probly will be a law. right after the law suit that follows the lost limb accident that will eventually happen with this contraption. and yet, some fool will buy it!

skeez

Reply to
skeez

them all up.

This sanding attachment for a drill press looks like it might actually work if you put something in the middle.

RayV

Aw shucks, I was going to give you credit for being a bit racy. Figured it was either Dad of Lover or Daughter of Lover

Reply to
Say What?