OT: Home Depot

I needed a right angle grinder for some work. So I went to my local Home Depot to pick one up. Also I needed a Diamond Blade.

Well, Home Depot had 3 different types of right angle grinders. 2 Dewalts and 1 Porter Cable. And they only had one type in stock. The Dewalt DW400. So I picked it up anyway as well as the Diamond Blade.

This morning I was reading the Instructions and it says something like "Diamond wheels use are not recommended with use of this tool".

Seems like everytime I go to my local Home Depot they never have anything in stock of what I need. Mainly tools.

I need a new 4' level and the one's they have in stock I really do not care for.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Davis Jr

It's not just Home Despot

I made the trip to Woodcraft in Towson MD yesterday, about a 40 minute drive so not huge trip. I needed, an edge guide for my PC router, 4 strips of inlay banding for a desk top, a 3/8" upward twist router bit, a gallon of denatured alcohol to make us some shellac and some adjustable feet to put in the bottom legs of the desk. All I was able to get were the feet. A bit of a surprise as it's normally pretty well stocked. They offered to order everything but I'd have to drive back up to get it.

Allen

Reply to
Allen

Personally, I would rather go to a Lowes anyday than a Home Depot. For the Big Bix stores, IMHO it is the best. If I have time, I either go to Berlands or WoodCraft.

Reply to
Neil Larson

Reply to
Phisherman

That's the advantage of being in the Chicagoland area. So many good "money pits"

You can tear a pretty decent hole in your bank account visiting WoodCraft, Berland's, Owl Hardwood, Rockler's and, maybe, WoodWerks up in Wauconda and not put a hundred miles on the car Great fun on a Saturday!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

HD, Lowes--One as bad as the other. Customer service consists of taking your money. So long as the two of them dominate things will not get better, only worse.

Reply to
Joe Bleau