OT: drat

Nice shiny ice on the birdbath this morning. . . . (This is not some sort of lurid metaphor.)

Reply to
Robatoy

It is a bit chilly, I'm just glad my furnace is working properly again, it only took four trips from their tech, last one with an inspector.

It apparently was installed wrong over 10 years ago when I had it put it, took that long for a redundant relay to fail, thank Bob for the service contract.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

That sucks.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I guess that's the trade-off for no smog, fires, mudslides or quakes.

Reply to
Robatoy

Ahh our lovely California crisis cycle:

Drought dries out the forest Fires burn the dry forest El Ni=F1o causes too much rain and no grass on the hills from fires and we have mud slides Also grows lots of new grass Drought dries the grass... Rinse and repeat and shake with a quake every third cycle to help keep things interesting

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Well? Put out the skates for the birds. WW

Reply to
WW

Forgot the one I figured out - Rain lubes the crack and eases the strain easily. Dry is jerky.

Mart>> I guess that's the trade-off for no smog, fires, mudslides or quakes. >> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Yeah. Snowdrifts, black ice, frozen, broken power lines and buried fire hydrants that suddenly make themselves known. (g)

Reply to
Upscale

....... and Harper.

Reply to
Robatoy

Left out the step where build on unstable hillsides in the midst of all that underbrush then wonder why get burnt out or slide downhill... :(

--

Reply to
dpb

But we are soon to have Rob Ford, that will make all the problems go away.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Smithereens?

Reply to
Robatoy

What does it matter to a girl like you?

-- An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

HA! Good one.....dammit, now I have to wind up my gramophone and listen to it..

Reply to
Robatoy

Not if your girlfriend's in a coma.