OT, but still a skill.

Check this out. He reproduced what seems to be and entire town. The cars are die cast models.

....for the people here who appreciate workmanship and skill:

Ed Pawlowski

INSANE!

Reply to
-MIKE-

knows a thing or two about photography too.

Reply to
J. Clarke

man has far more patience and time than I have!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

----------------------- Brings back a lot of memories, especially those Studebakers.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Wow! The attention to detail is absolutely awesome. Must have been painstaking to make all that look that good and authentic.

Thanks for sharing, that guy is good!

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

The thing that gives it away is that everything is too clean. A little litter here and there would make it perfect. Awesome job!

Reply to
Gerald Ross

If the streets were a little messier, some of the shots, many in fact, would seem quite real.

Reply to
Charlie Self

The green Stude looks like a '52 that was our family car n '54-'56 or so. My father was a mechanic at Mt. Vernon (NY) Studebaker/Packard back then.

Reply to
Charlie Self

I'll second that! That was amazing.

And the only thing that was off was the lack of trash, which sadly we are all used to seeing on the streets.

What a talented guy.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

"Charlie Self" wrote: The green Stude looks like a '52 that was our family car n '54-'56 or so. My father was a mechanic at Mt. Vernon (NY) Studebaker/Packard back then.

-------------------------------- SFWIW:

There was a guy a few blocks from the boat yard who collected and restored Packards.

Quite a vehicle.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Where is Elgin Park ?

Smitty

###################################

Reply to
papadoo1

There are three Studes in those shots -- a Black Cherry* Starlight Coupe, the green car you mention, and a green-over-green convertible in the "Studebaker Salesroom at Night" shot (and, possibly, a rear-view shot of that model in one of the parking lots shots).

The green car is also a Starlight. The black cherry coupe is a '51; most people who remember Studes semm to have fixated on that bullet nose ("Uncle Ernie had one of those!"). But it only appeared in two model years, 1950 and 1951. The '50s' bulllet had four vanes; the '51, just three as with the car on the street. The '52 had two low grilles, separated by an inverted chrome vee extending from the lip of the hood. We really can't tell the date of the green car, but let's call it a '52, anyway.

1953 was Studebaker's stunner -- the long low "Loewy** coupe," with "European styling." *Yep, that was the name of the paint color. **Bob Bourke styled the car; Loewy was his boss and the salesman. Loewy Associates was a contracted industrial design firm responsible for Stuebaker's most celebrated design successes -- the 1939 Champion, the 1946 Starlight Coupe which introduced the wrap-around rear windows which gave birth to the "which way is it going?" joke, the estimable bullet-nose, the '53, and the 1963-64 Avanti. If that weren't enough, Bourke (under Loewy) styled the 1949 Studebaker R-series pickup, which redefined that market, and is echoed (hell, they admitted it!) in Dodge's modern series of trucks.
Reply to
Steve

The thing that gives it away is that everything is too clean. A little

Give the guy a break. When's the last time you tried to find 1/24 scale candy wrappers, paper cups, and cigarette butts?

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Put it next to a Mustang and you can see where Ford got its better idea.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Starting in 1950, Studebaker was rather distinguished in its styling. Previous years they were very similar to other cars on the road. You can see a selection of different models here

Ed Pawlowski

Yeah, well...our '52 had no bullet, but my first car, a '50 four door did have one. Also had a hillholder, a neat little device that was especially handy when the driving license tester had me pull up to a stop sign on the incline. When I was 19, I wanted one of the Golden Hawks, but "settled" for a '57 Chev 283, dual 4s, 10-1 compression ratio, 3/4 race Duntov cam, close ration stick on the tree. Sumbitch had a clutch on it that still makes my left knee ache! I went in the Marines and my mother tried to drive it. She sold it the next day.

Reply to
Charlie Self

parade. I've seen Silver and Golden Hawks that need no real work go for less than $7,000...before the bubble burst. A Chev Bel Air Power Pack hardtop in similar condition will go for 10-12 times as much.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Many years ago ('94), I was given a 3D CAD drawing of a car dealership that the architect wanted rendered as photo-realistically as I could. I remember having a rough time getting the asphalt texture 'just right'. When I showed the architect the rendering, his first reaction was: "too clean." He made me add some tar-strips, road repair and some cracks in the curbs. It wasn't until I added a telephone pole with some torn posters that he became happy with 'the feel.' A lot of the cgi people are getting very good at this by adding aberrations and noise. The people at Playboy and mags like it could learn a thing or two about 'realism'.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 23:45:38 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke" scrawled the following:

>He knows a thing or two about photography too.

UFR!

-- It's a great life...once you weaken. --author James Hogan

Reply to
Larry Jaques