OT: BUT NOT POLITICAL, a fun puzzle

We need to blow open a safe to get the beer out.

SOMEBODY forgot the explosives, so we need to crack the combination lock. Here's what we know:

*All digits from 0 to 9 are used exactly once.

*The sum of the 2nd, 5th, 6th and 8th digits is a single digit number.

*The 4th digit is a perfect square.

*The 3rd digit is 1.

*The sum of the 4th and 7th digits is a perfect square.

*The value of the 10th digit is twice that of the 2nd.

*The product of the 4th and 6th digits is equal to that of the 10th and 2nd digits.

*The 5 is next to the 6 but not the 4.

Who's in?

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

7, 3, 1, 0, 4, 2, 7, 0, 5, 6
Reply to
Denis G.

Oops, I mistyped, it should be:

7, 3, 1, 9, 4, 2, 7, 0, 5, 6
Reply to
Denis G.

Any order for now 4,3,2,0

9

Ok

9&7
6&3

9&2 6&3
8 3 1 9 4 2 7 0 5 6 or 8 3 1 9 2 4 7 0 5 6 or 8 3 1 9 0 4 7 2 5 6 or 8 3 1 9 4 0 7 2 5 6

Allen

Reply to
allen476

I think that your first answer is the correct one. The others fail for the product of the 4th & 6th equal to the 2nd and 10th digits. I repeated 7s in my answer, so I goofed.

Reply to
Denis G.

While you're at it I'll just amble down to the EZ-Mart and get some.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Spoiler . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

8 3 1 9 4 2 7 0 5 6
Reply to
Doug Miller

Try again. You have two 7s and no 8.

Reply to
Doug Miller
[...]
0, 1, and 4 are also perfect squares [...]
9+0 is also a perfect square
Reply to
Doug Miller

I miscounted, my mistake. I figured out the puzzle on paper before I typed my answer, so as not to take up a lot of time. When I looked at it, it seemed (at the time) that 3 numbers could get inverted thus leaving 4 answers. (I know that it is 6, but 2 were disqualified).

The 9+0 reference wouldn't work as 0 has been used already in the first equation and would have to be one of those numbers.

My bad, I shouldn't do these late at night.....

Allen

Reply to
allen476