OT - Bottled Water

I know a lot of you guys drinkk it. Pernally, rather than paying for little bottle of water, I'd get one of those home water distillers, they run on electric, and purify my own. Should have payback pretty rapid. Personally, I just fill up an old soda bottle from my tap. Of course, I do have a 210 foot deep drilled well, and the water tests out almost chemically pure, and it flows 40 gallons a minute, or so I was told.. Heh heh. Dowed it myself.

J T

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:4649-4720339E-216@storefull-

3335.bay.webtv.net:

Well, there's one benefit to the bottled stuff that you don't get with yours: It's sealed so it will stay good quite a bit longer. We keep bottled water in the cars because people get thirsty...

How would you preserve water anyway? Without dumping Chlorine (bleach) in it?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

  1. Place it in a large open container such as a lake or river or even a pond. Keep away from all manmade contamination.
  2. Freeze pure water in large quantities such as glacier or ice cap and keep in cold area.
  3. Same way nature has been doing it for millennia. none of the above are 100% safe, but have worked for some time with exceptions.
Reply to
sweet sawdust

40 gallons a minute !?!?! How's about piping it to drought-stricken states?
Reply to
Dave In Houston

Stay good? What can go wrong with water?

Reply to
HeyBub

We're using a reverse osmosis? setup for the kitchen sink and frig... The water here won't hurt ya, but it sure tastes and smells like it will... lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

The only way water can go "bad" is if you leave the cap off and it evaporates. Most of your drinking water is quite ancient, from melted comets which hit the Earth millions of years ago. Still tastes as fresh as the day it arrived.

Refill liter soda bottles with tap water. Reuse and save money.

How many plastic bottles do you send to the dump each year if you drink 3 a day?

It's already chlorinated from the tap unless you leave the bottles uncapped for a day or so. If you need to chlorinate unchlorinated water, a couple of drops of bleach per gallon is plenty.

Reply to
Ferd Farkel

If you burn Hydrogen in an Oxygen environment, you can make water.

All other water - in spite of the designation "fresh" - is "used" water.

The Mountain Spring water you drink today, quite likely contains a molecule or two of the very piss that Julius Ceaser added to the Rubicon.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:13i166k66oh11d3 @news.supernews.com:

Ever had a swimming pool, or pond? Water that sits attracts bacteria, algae, and other stuff. Big ponds stay clean by the nature of nature, but they still get stuff growing on top, and in it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Only if we didn't bring our own. We use a water filter to refill our own water bottles, not only saves us money but we aren't throwing away gazillions of water bottles that end up in landfills. Our tap water is safe but tasted horrible once we were accustomed to filtered water.

Reply to
DGDevin

Only if you're being pedantic and discounting the impurities.

If you can stand to drink your tap water.

Where I grew up it wasn't. Came right out of our very own hole in the ground.

Reply to
J. Clarke

A Brita will handle the traces of impurities. That's all the bottlers do. Dasani is typical. It's filtered tap water -- it's actually the same water used to make Coke without the carbonation, crank, and flavors. It's also more profitable. True genius.

What impurities come from the plastic bottles? Pthalate plasticizers, used to make plastics flexible, are also known as xenoestrogens, or foreign estrogens. Their molecular shape is similar to human estrogen, and they have much the same biological activity.

Baltimore City tap water. Consistently rated second best in the country, right after New York City.

Springs around where I live have been ruined by agricultural and residential runoff. Shame.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Or, as Penn and Teller would say:

Father Haskell

As Ben Franklin said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of TAP water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in poop. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop. However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine or beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting. Remember: Water = Poop Wine = Health Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of crap. Could that be why Jesus turned the water into wine? There is no need to thank me for this valuable information; I'm doing it as a public service.

"
Reply to
Lee

Thu, Oct 25, 2007, 7:01am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (sweet=A0sawdust) doth claimeth:

  1. Place it in a large open container such as a lake or river or even a pond. Keep away from all manmade contamination.

Do you have any idea what fish do in that water?

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Thu, Oct 25, 2007, 8:14am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Dave=A0In=A0Houston) doth exclaimeth:

40 gallons a minute !?!?! How's about piping it to drought-stricken states?

Hah! I've seen how they irrigate out there; half, or more, of the water evaporates before it even gets to the ground.

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Thu, Oct 25, 2007, 8:23am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (HeyBub) doth mumble: Stay good? What can go wrong with water?

For one thing, your neighbor use his trebuchet to drop a dead horse in your well. Drink out of your well for awhile, then tell us if the water stayed good. Or go down to the lake at your local nuclear power plant and catch a few of those bass with legs, or six legged frogs.

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Thu, Oct 25, 2007, 1:21pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid (DGDevin) doth sayeth: Our tap water is safe but tasted horrible once we were accustomed to filtered water.

Mine is not only safe, but I'd say it's the best water I've ever tasted. Let it run for a few minutes, and it's nice and cold too.

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Some traces of some impuritied--a Brita doesn't produce distilled water.

And if you happen to like how that particular tap water tastes it's worthwhile.

The simple fact that you feel that that is worth mentioning tells me a great deal about you, none of which I like.

Well that's nice if you live in Baltimore.

What "springs"?

Reply to
J. Clarke