OT - ATV Mini Road Grader

Seeing this reminded me of when I was a kid. The street I lived on was dirt, not paved, and the town, county, state, gubmints did not scrape it. Someone had come across an old road grader, non-self propelled, no power anything in fact. So the neighborhood men got togther periodically, pulled it with a tractor, and proceeded to grade the street. There's probably only a few of us seen nything like that outside of a museum. Interesting how things can pop back into your mind that you haven't thought of for decades. I remember that from sometime in the late '40s, up to maybe '52, when we moved to a home with an indoor toilet, and hot and cold running water (just had cold before). Times do change.

JOAT - who does not welcome thread question e-mails..

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Reply to
J T

Did you say remember, we still use one of those grader, complete with steel wheels. We have it at the cottage and use it every summer.

Eric

Reply to
ejc

Rough ridin' suckers too! Spent more than a few hours on one when Grandad worked for the "town". Pulled it behind an OLD International crawler, one of thre ones you started on gas, then converted to diesel, then switched back to gas before shutting down.

Reply to
Nahmie