OT, Almost - Who Needs to Measure

I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

WHERE DIDI GET THAT!!!!!

Damn.....

Reply to
Leon

The only thing I can think of that would make sense is that they're trying to say that it uses a standard kerf and plate thickness so that the saw fence cursor remains calibrated.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

THROW AWAY YOUR FENCE!!!

Reply to
Robatoy

Forget about that! Think how much you'll save in MATERIALS.

"Cut that board three times and it's still too short..."

Reply to
keithw86

Big deal! That claim was probably made by a retired politician. I'm waiting for someone to come out with a negative kerf blade. That would be what I would buy :-)

Gordon Shumway

Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Just think of the implications! Suddenly that Federal sideboard is within reach! Just throw the wood onto the table and voila! no mis-cuts! Slap a little glue on...

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!!!

Reply to
Joe

If I had known that I could have saved over a grand. I wouldn't have had to purchase my cabinet saw.

Reply to
Nova

Doesn't say anything about width, now, does it? :)

Reply to
Robatoy

Doesn't say anything about width, now, does it? :)

Geez, just turn the wood sideways..... Man, ya gotta explain *everything* to some people

:-)

Reply to
Joe

If you measure a flagpole that lies on the ground, you can only measure how long it is, not how high it is.

Reply to
Robatoy

news: snipped-for-privacy@j19g2000yqk.googlegroups.com...=

Seems to me that this kind of measurement must be relative. It all dependds upon to whom one is married. P D Q

Reply to
PDQ

I wonder if they could / will make a laser wood cutter? That will be as close to negative as we could get, me thinks.

Mike >

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

----------------------------- It already exists.

A CNC controlled laser for cutting die boards, for example.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

If you measure a flagpole that lies on the ground, you can only measure how long it is, not how high it is.

And a flag pole laying down is a lot longer than when it is standing up.

Reply to
Leon

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:14:29 -0600, the infamous Gordon Shumway scrawled the following:

Silly! Those aren't blades, they're called Board Stretchers. I got mine at HF, on sale.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:18:27 -0500, the infamous Nova scrawled the following:

"Hello? Yes, Freud, I laid the saw blade on my stack of wood and it did nothing. None of it was cut to the proper length when I checked on it in the morning. What do I do now?"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

"Larry, did you open the package first? It won't work in the package."

Puckdropper ;-)

Reply to
Puckdropper

On 15 Jan 2010 09:37:06 GMT, the infamous Puckdropper scrawled the following:

"NOW you tell me..."

Reply to
Larry Jaques

And THERE'S the rub.