One more about scraper planes

Has anyone got or tried the kunz scraper planes. They're quite abit cheaper than the others out there

Reply to
mat

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 05:13:51 GMT, "mat" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

For the extra 25% you are going to save, i would say, get a better one. lee valley sells a #80 reproduction with a few minor improvements. check out ebay, i got a 30's-ish stanley #80 for 10$ took all of an hour to clean and tune it. nice fine curlies,,,even for a normite, its a beautiful thing to behold

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

I'll assume from the word "plane" that the 112 is referenced.

's fussy to set the blade depth, so expect some frustration there until you get the kinks out. Practice on your scraps rather than your project.

Mine works fine, but gets little use since I purchased a low-angle jack plane. If I knew then what I know now, and the low-angle had been available then, I'd go the low and a hand-held cabinet scraper.

Reply to
George