Old Posts

It seems that some VERY old posts are getting revived here. It might have something to do with changing hosts or ????? Some seem to be re-posts from other forums.

It would probably be good for the forum manager to archive posts over say 5 years so they could be read but not responded to. Until then, readers should pay attention to the date of the original post to gauge if it is still relevant.

Reply to
Tom Crist

This is USENET, there is no "forum manager".

Reply to
J. Clarke

It is the newbe's

There is no forum manager.

Reply to
Leon

The problem is "HomeownersHub.com" that's archived everything and some of the idiot's who have discovered it do not, apparently, know how to read dates.

That explains why we have morons posting answers or asking questions about posts that are 15 to 20 years old.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

And, I see those as SPAM teasers to get traffic to HomeonwersHub. "For full context click on this link." The people doing this have probably never made more than a cup of sawdust in their life. Just more click bait.

Reply to
Jerry Osage

I'm the forum manager, but no one listens to me other than me....

Reply to
Jack

something to do with changing hosts or ????? Some seem to be re-posts from other forums.

5 years so they could be read but not responded to. Until then, readers sh ould pay attention to the date of the original post to gauge if it is still relevant.

The questions, answers to very old posts does not happen often enough to be enough of a concern to worry about. Its rare enough. And I get a kick ou t of reading about tools that have not been around for decades. Reminds me of what it was like when I first started collecting, I mean using, tools. Some of us really don't give a dang about the newest lithium ion battery o r brushless motor.

Reply to
russellseaton1

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Self explanatory!

Reply to
Jack

We are not listening to you remember?

Reply to
Markem

Easy to say, but have you paid your dues? I sent him payment in cash. It was due on the first.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What? (I'm not listening, so I don't know what you said.)

If you say it again, I'll listen, but that would make you a liar 'cuz you said no one listens to you other than you. Wait...maybe you wouldn't be a liar, just mistaken. That's not as bad.

I know...I'll just pretend to listen. I've been taking lessons from SWMBO. She's really good at it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:6EG%F.366863$ snipped-for-privacy@fx47.iad:

I made a burnt offering to him.

Happily, he wasn't interested in the steak I had on top of it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

What?

Reply to
Jack

Too little too late. I already banned you from the forum, your posts are invisible to all!

Reply to
Jack

You're hearing, but not listening.

I See The Problem. I'm Speaking English, Your Listening In Dumbass!

Reply to
Jack

I'll have the last laugh. There is a guy that calls me and can fix my computer. I bet he has a work around for it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It's not your computer, you're banned from the forum computer. Sorry, no refunds, no appeals.

Reply to
Jack

First you said: "You're hearing, but not listening."

Then you said: "Your Listening In Dumbass"

Those can't both be true.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Jack wrote in news:r1p8r5$ehf$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

That's ok. This jerk Jack hogged it all the time. I'm not sure what this Jack jerk did at it when he wasn't reading rec.woodworking, but I'm not sure that I want to know.

I'll get my own computer and won't let that Jack jerk near it!

Reply to
Puckdropper