Old magazines

I'm ditching a few old magazines. Came across some issues of the Shopsmith magazine, first edited by Nick Engler and then by Gary Havens. Slender volumes, with ads by Shopsmith...some strange pricing, as the #1 issue came out in October of 1979.

To my point: if anyone wants them to look over, cut up for plans (a copier is neater and saves what may one day be history), pass on to the next generation or whatever, let me know. Issues range from #1 through Fall 1989 (no volume number marked). The set isn't complete...at least I don't think it is. 24 magazines.

Charlie Self "Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half." Gore Vidal

Reply to
Charlie Self

how much are you asking for them. I'd love to preserve them.

Reply to
Troy Hall

Troy Hall asks:

Parcel post costs. Probably 5 bucks.

So far, I've found 33.

Charlie Self "Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half." Gore Vidal

Reply to
Charlie Self

On 18 Sep 2004 16:41:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) calmly ranted:

33 at PP rates would be more like $20, but closer to $5 at Media Mail rates (the old book rate).

Weigh 'em and then go to

and use his and your zips with their Domestic Rate Calc.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'll tak'm!

Reply to
Troy Hall

Reply to
Richard Clements

Richard Clements responds:

Sorry. Troy gets them. All I need is a box and time to drive them in to the PO. Probably late this week, early next.