Okay, How about WW and dog chews

Jello powder ought to work as hide glue is just unrefined gelatin. No need to deprive the poor dog. Besides, you'd have to render the chew bone & it might take a while.

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Folks -

Okay, hypothetical question here... Let's say I discover I'm out of hide glue flakes. Would a standard white rawhide dog chew bone work if you ground it up and treated the shavings like hide glue? How about those sintered ones that are formed?? The dog hates those ones.... Regular hide glue is rabbit skin, no? Chews are what, pork or beef skin? Would it work?

Of course, I could just get out more, but thought I'd ask for feedback. The dog says NO.

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead

Well... you could speed up the process by running the chew over the jointer or through the planer or maybe even mount it on the lathe and make shavings out of it.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC