off topic: Magical wood transformation

This is pasted from theBaltimore Craig's List free section.

"Large fallen white oak from last week's posting still has the base of the tree available. It is about 12 feet long with a diameter of 4 to 5 feet. About a quarter of it running the length is rotten, but you can get about 3/4 of a cord of good dense white pine out of it."

I don't know if it is oak or pine , but I doubt it is both. Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

It's Two! Two! Two trees in one!

Reply to
Steve Turner

oh, and organic.

Reply to
Robatoy

Might'a been an oak and pine graph.

Reply to
Leon

Ah! You wrote that article, didn't you, Leon? Know how I can tell? 'Cuz it's spelled "graft".

-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Reply to
Larry Jaques

What's wrong with that? It's being done For The Chilllllldren!

-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Unless, of course, it was written in sketchup.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

and outsourced ...

Reply to
Swingman

Ah did rit it.

Reply to
Leon

I think whoever posted it on Craigslist was an ash.....

Reply to
Knot Important

that's a poplar misconception... but OaK by me. Maple something good will come of it and Craiglist will do something to spruce it up. I'm pining for that moment.

Reply to
Robatoy