Oak Crown Molding on Painted Walls

I am curious to solicit the group's opinion on whether putting oak CM on painted walls would look odd.

I always thought oak CM would make a nice transition from a panelled wall to a painted ceiling. But what about a painted wall (e.g. dark) to a light-colored ceiling? Is that a design faux pas?

Most of the CM in my home is painted white, transitioning to the flat white ceiling.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

I don't think it really matters much what the opinions of this group are. You should go straight to the ultimate authority on the matter. Have you asked your wife? Art

Reply to
Artemus

What color are the walls?

Reply to
dadiOH

Long ago I put oak baseboard and door casing on white walls. White doors. The oak was raw, only covered in polyurethane. So you could see the oak wood grain easily. It really stood out. I liked the look. But I like the look of wood grain. It was not a subtle look.

Reply to
russellseaton1