O/T: With All The Other...........

Don't know, but willing to do the research.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Will it format?

Reply to
Swingman

That ready willingness is the topic under discussion ... in case you haven't noticed!

Reply to
Swingman

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 07:12:59 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

finest looking

along?  What a

That's why I never married. Looks wear off, personalities come out which don't always remain matched after the two of you evolve, etc. I had one very tight girlfriend who I thought might be the one, but she turned into a raving bitch once we got her on the pill. Her hormones really kicked in and she was a different person. I watched my parents divorce (but remarried each other a year later.)

I knew lots of friends in high school who got married shortly after. Ten years later, _every_single_one_ had been divorced at least once. Even my sister, the stable one, didn't last quite twenty years.

That was enough proof for me.

I don't blame Tiger one bit.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:17:45 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner scrawled the following:

finest looking

along? What a

She'd be alright with a breast reduction. Take off about 2/3, please! I'm a Confucian. He say "More than mouthful wasted."

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On 11 Dec 2009 16:26:49 GMT, the infamous Elrond Hubbard scrawled the following:

Then there are people like one of my old bosses, whose motto was

"If it moves, fondle it. I'll take 'em all. 9 to 90, and blind, crippled, or drunk."

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Now you know why my kill file exists

Everybody gotta be someplace.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:35:34 -0800, the infamous "CW" scrawled the following:

You must be ambidextrous, too.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:15:09 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

From a DOS window in XP, no. It says that FAT32 doesn't support that size. I wonder if I could tell it to try NTFS. It's been a long time since I did DOS level work.

Suggestions from the peanut gallery are cheerfully accepted.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

NTFS is definitely the way to go ...don't worry about doing it at DOS level as you don't want to use fdisk anyway, let Windows have a shot, nothing to lose since you're returning it in any event.

Reply to
Swingman

Of interest:

Tim Daneliuk

Just right click on the drive from "My Computer", hit the format option and see what happens.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

If you have the slightest doubt, it is better not to marry. OTOH, I'm going on 44 years and very happy. Would I do it again with someone else? Definitely not because while there are many women I like a lot, I'd not want to marry any of them.

One woman in particular I spend a lot of time with both with and without my wife. She has been married once and has had a couple of other live in arrangements but living with her would ruin a good friendship.

Used to be 50% divorce rate but may be higher now.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Dec 12, 4:18 am, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote: [snipped a a whole bunch of good stuff for brevitiarazation purposes].

My reply to your post, Robert, was long and detailed...but I decided to just send the last paragraph...to wit:

Tiger Woods is a fraud. Plain and simple. What a selfish asshole. And now he's making sure that all those people who put him in all those tournaments, benefitting local economies, etc. are getting screwed too. Pondscum.

Reply to
Robatoy

I'm certainly not condoning his behavior; however, his father was his counsel, his base reference point, etc.

Just curious as to the timing of start of his shenanigans and the death of his father?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 01:18:09 -0800 (PST), the infamous " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" scrawled the following:

Hey, I've seen figures for adultery rates range from 60 to 90% here in the USA. I started keeping track to show people why it makes no difference that I'm single. The majority of men and women couple, regardless of marital status.

Good advice.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:57:15 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

I had just tried that, to no avail, when I read your post.

C:\format F:/FS:NTFS gives me "NTFS file system is not supported on this device optimized for removal."

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:05:01 -0500, the infamous FrozenNorth scrawled the following:

Nothing. It just closes the window instead of formatting.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Did you disable the quick remove? Go to Device Manager and set the device policy from "quick removal" to "optimize for performance", Then give it a shot. If that works, go back and reset that to quick removal or you will be rebooting everytime you want to remove the drive,

Reply to
Swingman

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

A quick Google search returned this. Sorry for the wrap...

Larry