O/T: Well maybe not, It's all in the name

Courtesy of Woodie Woodbury, a saloon singer in Ft Lauderdale many years ago:

At last I've found the perfect girl,

I could not ask for more,

She's deaf and dumb and over sexed,

And owns a liquor store.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Wow! It's been so long since I've heard that name I'd forgotten about it. We had a guy at work nicknamed Woody Woodbury so he sort of pushed the other one out of the memory banks.

You an old FLL guy? I grew up in Hollywood, from before the revolution until 1968, then again from '99 to '03.

Reply to
LRod

Actually, I'm a worthless nut; AKA; a Buckeye, from Ohio, the Buckeye State", now living in SoCal.

Got tired of being up to my armpits in 6 ft of "partly cloudy", 6 months a year.

These days, if I want to see "partly cloudy", just open the door and look at the mountain top about 50 miles away.

Lew

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

How long ago, Lew? I first heard that one something like...jeez, between January and April, 1958 at Parris Island, SC.

Reply to
Charlie Self

You're in the right time frame.

I heard it in late '60.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Not as a ditty, but I was aware of the joke of the blind, deaf, mute girl whose father owned a liquor store from my yout in the '60s.

By the way, I just had to look it up and it's Woody, not Woodie. And for Charlie, he was a gyrene fighter pilot, too. Probably in your time frame--I didn't explore the webpage.

LRod

Wasn't he the guy who followed Johnny Carson on the old show "Whom do you trust?

Glen

Reply to
Glen

Lew