O/T: Thought For The Day

Gotta lov it

Lew

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

-Capital Brewery, Middleton, Wis.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Uzbekistan, or maybe it was Kajekistan, well it was probably one of those _stan countries, aspired to becoming a First World country. They looked around and found that a common factor was that most of the First World countries made "beer". Though they, like any other civilization had long ago discovered how to get alcohol, that you could drink - without dying as a result - they had know idea what this "beer" was to taste like.

So they put their best alcohol makers on the task. Six months later each had a batch of what they believed to be this "beer" stuff. Unfortunately, no one had any idea what beer was supposed to taste like.

So, they sent samples of their "beer" to a chemist in Germany for analysis (who knows more about beer than the Germans?) for analysis.

One month later they got the results.

"Dear Sir/Mam:

We received your samples, have anayzed them and

- we regret to inform you that your horse is anemic.

Sincerely Otto Schuemellacherdensdidortenmeinfrei

Reply to
charlieb

Here's to the brew you can't see through, as black as a witch's cat. If the porter's run out I'll have a stout, straight from the brewers tap.

Me - 2007

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Naw, but I had the T-Shirt for that one, courtesy of a trip thru Colorado and a stop at the Durango-Silverton rail gift shop.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Ah, yes! Back in the days when I still drank Porter was easily my favorite with Stout a close second. A friend of mine did a lot of homebrewing and made some of the most incredible Porters I ever drank. Sometimes I almost miss booze....

Tim Douglass

"I'm not exactly burned out, but I'm a little bit scorched and there's some smoke damage."

Reply to
Tim Douglass

I've got a faulty esophagus so I'm not supposed to drink alcohol. But as my gut guy is Irish, he says it's OK to cheat on occasion. I'm trying to hold occasion down to once a month, but it's difficult :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard