O/T: Such A Deal

No, the force of government with the threat of jail makes me do it. The Debbil just convinces people that such systems based on force are OK...

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

Get used to it. That's the way liberals express themselves.

It's not that they can't use civil discourse, it's that when they do what they say sounds like a rational argument that can quickly be dismantled. When they curse, hit people, throw eggs, or shout down those with whom they disagree, they are obviously acting from emotion.

A "feeling" is always genuine and cannot be gainsaid. If you dispute their utterance, you are obviously insane because their feelings are true and unassailable.

Reply to
HeyBub

Ah Cheney must be a liberal eh?

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Well, since you've shown yourself to be homophobic and a sexist, it shouldn't surprise many that you are also an Anti-Banker, wink, wink!

Reply to
Jack Stein

And you LIKE what bankers did/do with other people's money/mortgages? . . Oh, and calling you a douche-nozzle doesn't make me homophobic, that is more your area of expertise...LOL

Reply to
Robatoy

Needed to replace some kitchen towels.

Last time I did this, found some functional, but butt f*ck ugly towels, for $1.99 ea at the local discount linen store.

Expected to be able to do it again, so took one from last order as a sample and went shopping.

Finally found a clerk, or is that an associate these days, and showed her my sample.

She took a look and gasped her breath for air, stating, sir, we don't have any more of those, but let me go in the back and take a look anyway.

She returned a few minutes clutching an array of truly ugly towels.

"That's it, huh", I said as I expressed my disappointment.

"How much?", I asked.

They are $1.04 on close out.

They had been $1.99, she said.

Suddenly, they were not so butt f*ck ugly any more.

You know, when it's 2:00 AM at Rosalie's goodies cafe, they all get better looking.

"I'll take them", 11 pieces in all, and we proceeded to the check out counter.

Less than $12 for 11 pieces, they are starting to look pretty good.

Whip out my MasterCard and she asks for another piece of identification so I whip out my AARP card.

I can give you another 10% discount if we include your AARP card.

"Go for it".

Bottom line is by the time all the discounts had been applied and the sales taxes added, we got 11 pretty good looking kitchen towels for $11.23 so we saved at least $11.00 plus sales tax.

Somehow the above is worth at least a junior suck just based on principle if nothing else.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Gosh, now you have one for almost every day of the week. Congratulations!

Bill

Reply to
Bill