O/T: Presidential Requirements

Presidential Requirements

Natural Born Citizens

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

You, who worry about Democrats versus Republicans

Relax, here is our real problem.

In a Purdue University classroom, they were discussing the qualifications to be President of the United States ..

It was pretty simple.

The candidate must be a natural born citizen of at least

35 years of age.

However, one girl in the class immediately started in on how unfair was the requirement to be a natural born citizen.

In short, her opinion was that this requirement prevented many capable individuals from becoming president.

The class was taking it in and letting her rant, and not many jaws hit the floor when she wrapped up her argument by stating, "What makes a natural born citizen any more qualified to lead this country than one born by C-section?"

Yep, these are the same kinds of 18-year-olds that are now voting in our elections!

We need more help than we thought we did!

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Are you just no catching on to this??? This has not been a great secret for decades.

Reply to
Leon

Those young minds are the result of a liberal leaning educational system. How could you expect a result other than that?

I don't know why you're complaining. They think a lot like you.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I wonder if I can borrow that much money & get away with it?

Reply to
Robert Potts

Honestly, when I was 18 (let's just say it was over 40 years ago) I was somewhat politically active what with Viet Nam, civil rights, etc, but I knew plenty of other kids just as clueless as the girl in this story. And look how the country has turned out in spite of them... Well, wait a minute, maybe that's not so reassuring after all!

:wq

Reply to
Larry W

You're right - it's been around for years, if not decades.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Err, was she blonde

Reply to