Fisher&Paykel Ovens

I need a new convection oven. The single (as opposed to double oven) Fishe= r&Paykel looks like a first class oven - bit better than the Electrolux an= d Bosch. However, I am getting mixed reviews about reliability and service = on line for the F&K . My spouse thinks that only the bad stuff is being re= ported. How about an objective survey from some very practical folks on th= e WW group who have an F&K oven (single or double).

Thanks Len

Reply to
l-lopez

Fisher&Paykel looks like a first class oven - bit better than the Electrolux and Bosch. However, I am getting mixed reviews about reliability and service on line for the F&K . My spouse thinks that only the bad stuff is being reported. How about an objective survey from some very practical folks on the WW group who have an F&K oven (single or double).

You may get a better response posting this to a group like rec.food.cooking

My impression of F & P is not good though, but never owned one.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Fisher&Paykel looks like a first class oven - bit better than the Electrolux

and Bosch. However, I am getting mixed reviews about reliability and

service on line for the F&K . My spouse thinks that only the bad stuff

is being reported. How about an objective survey from some very

practical folks on the WW group who have an F&K oven (single or double).

No experience here other than they are strongly pushed on "America's Test Kitchen" show.

Reply to
DanG

Doesn't that mean F&P gave them $20k worth of ovens in return for the ATK morons hawking their wares?

Hayseuss Crisco, 1,500 teevee channels and _nothing_ on...

-- The most powerful factors in the world are clear ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will. -- J. Arthur Thomson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No info on the F&P but SWMBO likes the Electrolux a lot - enough that I'll probably be buying another soon after she moves to the new place.

Reply to
krw

--------------------------------------- Can't comment on F&P equipment; however, if you also are considering a toaster oven, the Breville with quartz rod heating elements is tough to beat.

At $249.00, it's Festool pricing, but have found it worth every penny paid for it.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 23:07:49 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Is it convection? I've thought for some time about buying a large sized toaster type over with convection capability, but I've been wary of what convection cooking can do in such an oven.

Anybody here use such a beast? How useful is convection cooking in a toaster type oven?

Reply to
Dave

--------------------------------- Yes.

they are based in OZ, CDN customs may not be a PITA.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I thought Electrolux was a sweeper? I'd go with Festool before Electrolux.

I bet bet fewer WW's know what a F&K is than what a Festool is. That's saying something...

Reply to
Jack

Nope. It's an appliance manufacturer; one of the largest. Perhaps you've heard of Frigidaire?

Reply to
krw

8 years of daily baking in both our single and doubles. No issues. Burned out 3 others in the 3 years prior. My wife averages 12 dozen cookies a day and 8 to 10 loaves of bread.
Reply to
Doug Houseman

Electrolux is a sweeper, but the other Electrolux is a Swedish appliance manufacturer. About 10 or so years ago, they bought out the company that evolved into Frigidaire.

The original Frigidaire was a General Motors division that made good appliances. It was sold off, but the name was worth quite a bit.

Westinghouse, White, Hotpoint, Crosly, Edison Products and a few others became part of White Consolidated Industries but they changed the name to Frigidaire after doing some market research. The name had a good reputation and was associated with a quality product even though they were cheapened over the years. AB Electrolux bought out WCI in about the mid 90's or so.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski