O/T: Best Living Will

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

Lew

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ The Best Living Will I've Seen

I, MAXINE , being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means.

Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of pinhead politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended on it, or lawyers / doctors interested in simply running up the bills.

If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to ask for at least one of the following:

Glass of wine Chocolate Margarita Chocolate Martini Cold Beer Chocolate Chicken fried steak Cream gravy Chocolate Mexican food Chocolate French fries Chocolate Pizza Chocolate Ice cream Cup of tea Chocolate Chocolate Sex Chocolate

It should be presumed that I won't ever get better.

When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my appointed person and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes, let the "fat lady sing". . and call it a day!

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Amen!

Reply to
Gerald Ross

On Monday, April 7, 2008 I received notice that my 84 year old father was put in the hospital that day to find out why he was in pain in the abdominal area. On Tuesday, April 8, 2008 at 5pm I emailed my aunt and a cousin saying that everything must be OK as I hadn't heard anything from anybody about Dad. At 5:30 I got a phone call from the Dr at the hospital asking me to make a decision on whether or not to take my Dad off of life support as his body had just gave out. His colon died and had turned gangrenous. I talked it over with his wife and she concurred that it would be the best thing to do for him at this time. "You just wouldn't want to see him in this condition, Mike", is what she said. She put the Dr. back on the phone and I had to tell him to 'let him go'. That's the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Got a phone call 20 minutes later from a nurse at the hospital saying Dad passed 5 minutes earlier. He went quick and easy, which is a blessing. I then had to travel the 1800 miles to do my duty as executor. Dad wanted his ashes mixed real well with the ashes of his previous wife and then tossed in the wind out in the desert at their favorite camping spot, which I did. The wind was blowing good that day and I remarked to my wife, "I bet they beat us back to Yuma!" And my daughter was playing a ringtone on her cell phone, 'All We Are Is Dust In The Wind'. His pastor asked me what my favorite memory of Dad was and I told him of working out in the woodshop with him while growing up and we built a bedroom onto the side of the mobile home we lived in. He incorporated that into the memorial service. My wife made up a Memory Board of Dads life with pics of him at all ages and stages of life. And on one table were all the trucks and other toys he made out of wood that he had in their room at the assisted living facility where they lived. About 38 years ago while I was still living at home, he had told me that when he died, he wanted me to have all his tools. 3 years ago my son and I made that same 30 hour drive out there when he sold his house and moved into the assisted living facility, and brought all his tools back here. They will take on new meaning the next time I step in the shop. Take care.

Reply to
user