Note to self!

Do not remove and drop the arbor nut on the table saw with the sawdust collection on. Makes a racket going thru the impeller blade. Lessons, lessons......

Reply to
CJA

u p u p pu o u l no u pu

Reply to
Robatoy

I have a wooden plug that goes in the DC hole under the arbor. Even if the DC is off, it's still a bit of effort to get the parts out of the hose.

You need to cut three wooden circles. One just small enough to fit in the hole, one about 1" bigger, and one half size for a handle (cut a bit off one side to make a flat). One big screw (or two) holds them all together:

O ----- --- ^screw

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Also costs $8 to replace it.

DAMHIKT

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Which is why it is a good idea to have some sort of cheap cyclonic separator (the plastic kind over a small garbage can) to catch those things ... I *hate* the "clang" things like that make when the impeller hits them ..

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields

Been there, done that and I gots a split in the impeller housing to show for it.

Reply to
Dave in Houston

I watched a moulder operator walk past one of the 'out-of-place' 4" collector ducts and his lit cigarette disappeared. The bag house is 40 cu. yds. No boom, there IS a God!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Replace the arbor nut with this:

haven't dropped one since I got one. Ted

Reply to
Bigpole

Yes, that would be bad. Horrible if you happened to actually do it though, right? :)

Reply to
Brian Henderson

"Tom Gardner" wrote in news:BH5bi.12207$y snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net:

He's allowed to smoke in a woodworking facility? There IS a God, and apparently he has a fondness for idiots.

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

NO SMOKING!!! But, people...forget?

Reply to