Thanks Charlieb for the Waxilit tip

A few days ago Charlieb brought to our attention a product that helps aid in the clean up process after gluing up a project. Waxilit works very well and performed very well on a project that I was working on today. I joined some oak together but the boards had rounded over edges which literally creates a "V" shaped crack all along the joint line. Typically glue squeeze out would be next to impossible to get out.

With the Waxilit applied prior to glue up I was able to easily clean out the grove as per a picture that I posted on a.b.p.w.

Reply to
Leon

White paste, in a sort of shoe-polish tin? I used to use that years ago, before I ever heard of top-cote, on my planer and bandsaw tables. The old folks used to send it in parcels from Germany ... never knew it has other uses. Amazed that it should still be around, in fact.

-P.

Reply to
Peter Huebner

I put some on the corner of my TS top and did not see an improvement over TopCote but used as a glue release it is very good.

Funny you should mention shoe polish tin. I did see it offered in the size container. My container is a 1/2 pint and does smell exactly like the old shoe polishes.

Reply to
Leon

What about buying a neutral tin of Kiwi shoe polish and using it? When I was in the Air Force years ago we had to polish the barracks floor using Kiwi black polish and then we had to buff the floor with our bed blankets.

Reply to
Dave

Waxilit is very soft and is easily applied in corners and cracks. It dries to an opaque white making it easy to see for removal.

Reply to
Leon