New view of my shopsmith biscuit jointer post

I'd posted a question a while ago asking if anyone had used the SS biscuit jointer.. No one had, but a few agreed with me that for repetitive work, having the cutting head mounted on a spindle might be more accurate...

Last night, I was getting ready to cut the slots for a 9-drawer shop cabinet and remembered seeing a jig on Ken Vaughn's site and went to take another look...

I built a simple jig in a few minutes that made the slots so much easier to cut... 36 slots in about 20 minutes, with a few breaks when friends came by..

No bad slots, which I was worried about, since the drawer sides are only 2 3/8" high and a little under 3/4" thick.. I cut extra pieces because I KNEW that I'd get at least one slot off to the side and sticking through the edge, but all were centered... I love it..

Anyway, the short version to this rambling post is that I no longer check out ebay for a killer deal on the SS cutter... this setup gives me the accuracy I wanted without spending any money *g*

For anyone interested in the jig, it at:

mac davis

mac davis wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

;-)

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

for sure... the first time I looked at his page, I lost about 2 hours somewhere...

Reply to
mac davis