I'm giving my new DeWalt biscuit jointer a workout. I'm using it to
assemble the redesigned carcase for my under-hearth drawer unit. It makes
aligning and squaring the carcase very easy and appears to make a strong
I've had no trouble, as some have reported, with the machine drifting off to
one side from the motor's starting torque. I hold my thumb firmly on the
fence and that seems to take care of that. On one occasion, I had the unit
partially plunged into the work when the motor started and that caused it to
jump off to the right. Maybe that explains their difficulties.
I discovered that one can cover up his errors by gluing a biscuit into a
poorly-cut slot and, when it dries, trimming off the excess and re-cutting
Two more things I discovered: 1) one has to work quickly or the PVA glue
starts to set up and it becomes very difficult to adjust the fit, 2) one has
to apply a liberal amount of glue or the joints are NOT strong.