New Incra gages

I received an email the other day from Woodpeck showing a couple of new Incra miter gages. Here's the Incra link since the Woodpeck link didn't work.

One is an updated version of the V27 with stops every 1 degree and the other is an updated version of the 1000 also with stops every 1 degree. Has anyone had the chance to get an up close and personal look at either of these? We have the older versions of both models on the job and I'm mostly wondering about the durability of the new smaller notches on the protractor.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike

I got the V120. I had the same concern until it was pointed out that once you've set the angle and tightened the lock there's no load on the notch while in use.

I can't say I've used mine heavily yet - I haven't had it that long. But so far I'm happy with it.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I swear they released the 120 about an hour after I opened the package of my V27. They probably think they'll get me to buy the new improved model now too. Bastards.

Reply to
DGDevin

Do they have a return policy where you bought it?

Reply to
-MIKE-

Not with the packaging destroyed and the miter gauge covered with sawdust. I bet that's why they use that clamshell packaging that has to be opened with a chainsaw. Oh well, I'll stick to increments of 5° for awhile. ;~)

Reply to
DGDevin