New Elmers Wood glue ?

Has anyone tried the new Elmers "stainable" wood glue ? I saw it at HD yesterday and was just wondering if anyone has tried it out yet.

Reply to
Makinwoodchips

Does not stain well, about as well as titebond. Also drying time seems faster than titebond. typical marketing/false claims strikes again.

Reply to
Seeker

Is it the ProBond Polyurethane glue? If so, that has been around for several years now. Similar to Gorilla Glue. I first used it about 3 years ago. It is a typical polyurethane glue.

Leon

All depends on the type of stain you are using. I use Hydrocote Penetrating water borne stains and this product covers Elmers just fine, while Minwax doesn't cover Elmers. False advertising? No advertising is false!

Reply to
Rumpty

No, but have you ever tried adding water based dye to Titebond glues to help hide missed glue spots?

David

Mak> Has anyone tried the new Elmers "stainable" wood glue ? I saw it at HD

Reply to
David

I don't remember the bottle saying Pro Bond on it. The label said something like it had wood fibers mixed into the glue. I checked the Elmers web site, but didn't see this particular flavor listed any where.

Reply to
Makinwoodchips

Probond makes an interior/exterior glue in gel form that has wood fibers in it. Perhaps that is what you have.

Dick Snyder

Reply to
Dick Snyder

I hope it's good! I'm using it on a project right now. It does have a bit longer "set time" (which I like a lot). I haven't gotten to the staining of the project yet, but I'm hoping it takes stain well.

Bill

Reply to
Bill