New DIY show - Trade School

Not sure if many of you have seen this new show. It's basically a view of different trade schools and following a student through a project or two. I caught one on AIM - an industrial college (?) in Arizona and a guy was painting a Jeep. The one more germaine to this group was one I saw on Sunday. It had to do with a young man who had left banking to follow his dream of becoming a furniture maker. He was going to Red Rocks College (Sedona, Texas??). Anyways the show followed him as he made his first joints - mortise/tenon. All without a ruler or any other measure then his eyes and hands. His instructor tells him - "your eyes are more accurate then any ruler". His next project (final?) is making a chair - quite tricky as to the joinery, then finally a European style workbench.

Sounds like a great school and I noticed that the other students where a "bit long in the tooth" (like me!).

Catch it you can!

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjwallace

Just did a GS on Red Rocks - it's in Colorado. I checked out the course of study - looks great for those in the area (Denver).

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjwallace

am sure there are more. ..

snipped-for-privacy@>Not sure if many of you have seen this new show. It's

Larry Levinson Talking up to the vocal ... LLevinson*Bloomberg.net (remove the star etc ....)

Reply to
Larry Levinson