Negative hook?

I need to cut some Corian and was told I need a blade with a negative hook.

I have a plastics blade -- a Systimatic PC triple chip grind -- it says it has a 10 degree hook.

Not familiar with this parameter.

What is a negative hook and what does my 10 degree indicate.

Is it simply a number thing 10 degree -10 degree etc?

Reply to
mkr5000

Your 10-degree Systimatic will do just fine, the key being that it is TCG. If you draw a line through the centre of the middle, the tooth either leans forward or backward from the line. 10 degrees is just enough of a 'scoop' to get rid of waste quickly, the negative rake will give you a bit better finish on the bottom of the cut.

Three things: Make sure your blade is sharp, make sure it tracks perfectly parallel to your fence and a steady feed-rate without stopping. You want flakes, not dust.

On a 10" blade, no less than 60 teeth, more than that isn't going to help much unless you have gobs of horsepower. Blade elevation- make sure there is at least ONE tooth rising entirely above the Corian. Corian likes to ride up on the blade, but it is much better to control with a +10 degree blade than a -5-degree. (-5 degree is what I use)

Thin kerf blades work, but don't expect a nice finish on the edge.

Triple chip grind is a must.

Robatoy

I replied twice with an immediate thank you and neither posted.

Anyway -- Thanks !!

I'm glad my Systimatic will work well.....great blade.

Reply to
mkr5000