Need tires for Rockwell 20" Bandsaw

Friend of mine told me about a source for bandsaw tires, he though he saw the add in the back of Fine Woodworking. I checked the ad index and came up with nothing.

Anybody know who he was talking about? I don't like Delta's price very much.

Reply to
The Wolf

Maybe?

I don't like Delta's price very much.

I'm not very sure you'll like anyone's prices.

You might also want to scrub through the archives on the OWWM.

Unisaw A100

Suffolk Machinery 1-800-234-SAWS

Reply to
Bob Bowles

Thanks, that must be it.

Their price $27 Delta's price $82

Reply to
The Wolf

Reply to
Bob Bowles

May not be the same tire. The Delta tire has a ridge to hold the tire in place without any glue. Check to be sure the other tires have this feature, and if they do, let us know.

BTW, if you call to Delta authorized parts houses, they will usually discount a bit if you ask.

Reply to
Rick Chamberlain

I can spell just fine asswipe! I made a simple typo, ok?

Reply to
The Wolf

Try rockler woodworking. They carry tires from sulphur grove tool,

1-800-657-5064.! the guy at sulphur grove is a good tech source. If you have the model with the groove in the center just use a little contact cement to hold them in place.
Reply to
Try rockler