Humor:This person must be stoned

The link will speak for itself

Bill

Bill, seriously. We need to clean up the spam on this newsgroup. We need to do this by setting a good example for each other. Posting unsolicited websites is not a good idea in this recent climate of trolls. Please, cut the crap before I plonk you.

Reply to
BRuce

WTF? It is on topic from what I can see, and I got a chuckle out of it. I do have some OSB that I can build the drawers from and put a cherry stain on them. Might work out in his price range. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"BRuce" is the latest troll incarnation

(that is one _ugly_ bed !)

Andy Dingley

I agree, just block him/her. Only can't block from reply's.

Reply to
Oriole

:-) I was thinking maybe 1/2" plywood with red paint!

Reply to
nobody

light of the threads occassionally posted about customers sometimes unreasonable expectations regarding cost vs. quality.

I concur. The ower of the bed is stoned.

Reply to
Lazarus Long

Bruce is part of the problem..

Reply to
Leon

On 08 Oct 2003 05:30:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Bill) pixelated:

for that price and be quite happy with it.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Have you priced plywood lately? For $100... maybe cardboard with red paint.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

Hey! Ugly is as ugly does. This is a job for ... Ikea!

*10364*10370or

's in his price range, the color is ... close, and the ugliness quotient for his decorating style is maintained.

Now excuse me while I go wash my hands. I feel dirty after actually recommending an Ikea product ... :-)

Reply to
Charles Jones

My bookshelves came from Ikea (Robin). They're cheap, not unattractive, well made (within the boundaries of chipboard) and they got the books off the floor.

The bookshelf on the other wall is my own, albeit made in a single evening from things I could buy in a DIY shed. The main shelves are still waiting to be built, several years after meaning to start. A small Craftsman-style bookshelf is half-made in the workshop right now and a glazed Stickley 700 is waiting to be made for the antiquarians. One day I'll have shelves to be proud of, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Every time I go near Ikea I get a cold sweat. But I _have_ got the books off the floor.

Andy Dingley

You know of all the stuff on the web that I have seen and been spammed with, body enlargement, interspecies copulation,nude fat highrise window washers, daytime TV guests, etc. ad nauseum that has got to be the single most offensive and tasteless idea yet. As I see it I now have two options, I can either poke my eyes out with hand turned cherry dowels or I can go make shavings and sawdust until the gods forgive me for letting that I*&% word enter my brain. Looks like I am off to make shavings, I suggest that you too perform penance and hope for redemption:)

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Nope. There is no hope for me. For I have polyed -- long ago, in a misspent youth. For such a thing there is no forgiveness. :-)

CharlesJ

-- ======================================================================== Charles Jones | Works at HP, | email: snipped-for-privacy@hp.com Hewlett-Packard | doesn't speak | ICQ: 29610755 Loveland, Colorado | for HP | AIM: LovelandCharles USA | |Jabber: snipped-for-privacy@jabber.hp.com

Reply to
Charles Jones

Charles confessed:

As long as you did not stain and poly cherry, you might still be redeemable, I will pray for you while making shavings:-)

Bill

Reply to
Bill

.... a pile of shavings from ten Ax of Contrition's, and a half dozen Hail Norm's should do it.

Reply to
Swingman

Hail Norm? A praise to the High Priest of God of Poly and Dark Stain in contrition for use of said product? That can't be right!