Need recommendations for pneumatic construction stapler

On 3/7/2018 8:27 PM, Ignoramus20263 wrote:

Well none will break the bank if the fail but if you need something that will last and be rebuildable I would go with the brands that have been making pneumatic guns for years on end.
A little extra money might yield an easier to use gun and a more comfortable to use gun.
I would suggest, in no certain order, Bostitch, Hitachi, Senco.

Find a old Senco M11. I've had one for 40 yrs
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Senco-Model-M2-Pneumatic-7-16-Crown-Stapler-16-GA-1-3-8-2-Leg-120-Ps/253470553864?hash=item3b0405b708:g:AOAAAOSwcFFang8P
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 12:52:27 AM UTC-5, ChairMan wrote:

Other than longevity, how does it compare to more modern staplers? Features, weight, ease of loading, etc?

Generally speaking, I have a Secno SFN1 finish nailer. It is about 29 years old and has been rebuilt, inexpensively, two times so it is not obsolete. I have a total of 6 guns every one is a different brand and each is not a duplicate in function
The Senco is the oldest and IMHO feels and handles the best of all. It is simple and mostly toolless and oilless. It looks and feels like a finished product designed to do exactly what a finish nailer is designed to do. None of my other guns look like it in design.
My HF stapler, Craftsman brad nailer look and feel like they came from the same factory. My Greg pin nailer is probably my next favorite fit, finish, feel, and balance. My Bostitch framing nailer is well built and similar to the Senco in being unique in design but is a locomotive, big and bulky. But it is a framer and was perfect for building fences.
OK I lied, I also have a Senco palm nailer. I bought it before the framing nail gun used it mostly to hail Simpson joist hangers.

Can't really tell ya how it stacks up to new ones, I haven't tried any. Easy loading, weight not to bad and is a beast that keeps going. I don't use it as much as I use to and I've rebuilt it once. My roofer buddy gave it to me years ago. For a wide staple gun and not a nail gun, it works great and for this particular application would be perfect.
On Wednesday, 7 March 2018 20:27:56 UTC-6, Ignoramus20263 wrote:

If you use this in a production or semi-production environment, I would go another direction. Go to your fastener supplier and see which brands are i n the shop the most, and which ones they can get parts for these days. My nail/brad supplier will take apart my guns and replace rings and "soft part s" as needed for no charge as long as I am buying fasteners from them. This can save you a ton in bench fees, etc. when you blow a seal. They will ev en replace the non-stock seals such as head seals if I will bring them in w hen I blow a cylinder seal.
The important point of this is that MY fastener guys here in my town (YMMV! ) will //only work on the brands they sell for no charge//. With bench fee s being $65, and seals being around $10 for a seal kit, it could add up fas t if you don't pay attention.
My 0.02 would be Hitachi or Bostitch.
Robert

Wow your bench fees are kinda high. IIRC my Senco finish nail gun cost me $21. to be repaired last year. Location location location I guess.
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 3:27:57 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

Could be. Texas Tool, Southwest Fastener and Brannon's don't want general public business. I have talked to many a butt hurt hobbyist that takes in their ancient gun that has been out of production for decades and is pissed off because the fastener guys don't want to even take a look. They know t hat if they take off the head to replace the cylinder seals most likely the head seals will start to leak. I have two guns that do this now, BTW. So for them, too much hassle.
If I buy enough nails, they will waive the bench fee. And like I said, if it is soft parts, there is no charge for installation and even for parts. BUT, they don't want a hobby guy that buys one box of nails or brads every couple of years to do anything more than that. The fastener companies arou nd here are built on volume.
So much so, that Brannon's, one of the oldest fastener supply companies in Texas is here, and if they didn't sell you the gun, they won't work on it!
Gotta be good to be independent.
Robert

Obviously where you are going nail sales are much more profitable than rebuilding guns. And when they do rebuild a gun they only want to work on ones that they sell and have parts for. Totally understand that strategy.
Decades ago in Houston The new car dealers service departments would put vehicles from other dealers behind in line to those that bought the vehicle from their dealership. These days there are so many dealerships and competition the dealers do not care where you bought the vehicle, you are treated the same.
On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 8:56:07 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

A few years ago I needed a new snowblower. (Google it if you don't know what those are ;-) )
I wanted an Ariens, which can be bought at HD or at independents for the same price, since Ariens sets the price. I was talking to the guy at one of the independents and he said "We do the warranty work for HD. Besides the extra time to get the machine from them and back to them, which machines do you think we work on first, our customer's or their's?"
I bought it from the indy.
On 3/9/2018 9:24 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we call them "Lawn Mowers" down here. :~)

I prefer buying from the servicer.
On 3/7/18 8:27 PM, Ignoramus20263 wrote:

I'm late top the party, but I recently bought DeWalt pneumatic stapler (DWFP1838?) and couldn't be more pleased with it. It's pretty light but powerful.
I had a job where I was making a bunch of plywood cases and shot 500-1000 staples over the course of a couple days. Not a single misfire or jam.
--

-MIKE-